Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FM transmitter for my iphone

Options
  • 18-07-2010 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

Hi all, Hope someone can help here i have an 08 passat and a 3gs iphone and want to listen to the tunes on the phone in the car. At the mo i have a gear4 transmitter that attaches at the bottom and i tune it into an unused frequency. Prob is there are so few unused frequencies i get a ****ty reception and have to change the frequency on the gear4 every while to keep the music comin. Is there something better on the market I can use???? Does this make sense to anyone?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

no, there isn't for FM TX if your radio has no empty space.

There are three options:
    1) Cassette adaptor with 3.5mm jack for earphone on player, for radio with cassette slot. From about 8 Euro.

2) Use a 3.5mm patch cord to a Car Radio that has a 3.5mm "aux" input socket. (fit new radio that has one if your radio doesn't).

3) Unplug car aerial and have a short aerial (2" or 5cm) near the FM TX. Drastic.

I have an 8 Euro "iTrip" FM Transmitter Gadget. It's no different to €70 gadget for audio quality, it depends on an empty "channel slot" on the car Radio.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

other option is go to conencts2 website, they have converters that plug into the cd changer input on the back of your stereo, and give you a line level input.

i have one on my avensis, and as soon as we pick up the wife's passats from the dealer this weekend i'll be ordering one for that too

Advertisement