Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cause to cancel my o2 bill account?

Options
  • 18-07-2010 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

i joined o2 bill pay on the 7th of this month. its for a iphone and im paying 40 euro p/m. they never told me that i live in a black spot and that the iphone wont work where i live. i have virtually no reception 100% of the time. also on the day i purchased the phone they failed to give me a copy of the contract. is there any way to make the contract void as the phone just dont work

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

you're still within your 14 day cooling off period i believe. pop back into a shop asap and tell them you wish to cancel the contract. see what they say.

i've also moved your thread to consumer issues as it relates to contracts and returns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ails27

iv read the terms and conditions on the web site. they say you only get 7 days to cancel contract..is there anything i can do?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Inside 30 days you can get a refund if the handset is faulty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

did you ring their customer care to confirm you are in a blackspot? Might make things more easy if you need to call back to the store

iv found a loop hole where ported numbers have 14 days to return to there previous network without incurring contract termination fees. fingers crossed it works tomorrow. also customer care said i was in a blackspot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

ails27 wrote: »
    iv found a loop hole where ported numbers have 14 days to return to there previous network without incurring contract termination fees. fingers crossed it works tomorrow. also customer care said i was in a blackspot

Sounds like you're all good so, surely they can't argue with that

yep should be. will let you know tomorrow, thanks for the replys

ya but i dnt no wil i be left keep the fon as i doubt they will refund me the money. guess il find out soon. wish me luck :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

ails27 wrote: »
    ya but i dnt no wil i be left keep the fon as i doubt they will refund me the money. guess il find out soon. wish me luck :-)

If they agree theres no coverage in the area then yeah, you can keep the phone, they'll just remove your contract and then give you the unlock code(can take about a week to get an iphone one though) so you can move your number to another network in the meantime

wel girl n cust care sed there no 3g network where i live so hope they will agree with me. cant see it as been easy tho think i have a big fit on my hands. thanks for your help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

krudler wrote: »
    If they agree theres no coverage in the area then yeah, you can keep the phone, they'll just remove your contract and then give you the unlock code(can take about a week to get an iphone one though) so you can move your number to another network in the meantime

No they won't, hes just gotten a heavily subsidised iPhone, they'll look for it back or expect to pay the full 700 odd euros it costs to buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭iffy_2007

as far as I am aware if you have signed a contract with them, its an agreement between them and yourself, them providing you with a service and you paying for that service. Now as you are in a blackspot they are unable to provide you their service which means the contract is null & void. I heard ur doll that be's on the afternoon show say that waaaaaay back...the feckers are getting away with it far too much!!

heya they do get away with too much i was completly within my rights according to terms nd conditions nd the **** i had to put up with to get thru to them as u sed im paying for a service and not getting it. i got out of ot anyways thank god and it taut me a big lesson. i spent all day on fone to them getting so many different stories u wud not belive so so happy to be freeeeeeeee ;-)

Advertisement