Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Fifa v Pro Evo

• 18-07-2010 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭

I have noticed that the recent Fifa football games have been better than the recent pro evolution soccer games. This is after, imo, a long time where Pro Evo was much better
    I have not played either online it has to be said
    Just wondering what ye all thought and do ye think pro evo came come back and topple fifa once again ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭dammitjanet

Imo Pro Evo 5 was the last good one, then they became sh*t

Heard this years one is actually meant to be good again, but i'll believe it when I see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'll be going with FIFA again this year. Partly because I get it for 25e in GameStop. Mainly because ProEvo hasn't been good online ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Yeah, have to agree with all the above. Myself and my brothers were die hard Pro Evo fans, I used to play it a lot with friends during college before/after nights out so it will always have a special place in my heart.

Unfortunately, FIFA passed it out a few iterations ago. I resisted, I was never a FIFA fan and generally avoid EA's profiteering titles.

FIFA 10 is a cracking game, commentary aside the gameplay is fluid and feels more tactical and true to life than Pro Evo. The only weakness is poor goalkeeper AI, my brother is pretty good but at least half of his goals come from lobs over the keeper despite me telling the idiot to stay on his line.

Pick up a second hand copy of FIFA 10, you won't be disappointed. My brother is the one who plays online a lot, he seems to enjoy is and I think Corcaigh09 is also quite a good player, he may be able to provide additional info on online play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Was a huge pro evo fan since ISS on the ps1 but after the shambles of the first pro evo on PS3 i decided to try out fifa and been with it the past couple of years. Tried the last Pro evo at a friends house and the online is still rubbish compared with fifa. id consider picking up the new one if they could match the online of fifa

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

99.99% of 1on1's are lobbed..... the only way to do it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

I'd have to say Fifa as well, the last few I've played have been very good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

played pro evo from the snes to xbox but the last 2 have been crap

made the change to fifa last year ...aparently developers from the pro evo team went over t the fifa one and mixed shizzle up

Advertisement