Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fender Pickups

• 18-07-2010 3:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭

So after a huge amount of putting it off because of low funds I'm buying a new set of single coils for a strat. From what I hear Kinmans (Woodstocks) are the way to go but considering the price and then having to ship them in I was thinking of opting for the new Fender Samarian Cobalt Noisless pups. Can anyone tell me not so much which is better - but the difference in tone between the two? Or even any other alternatives? A good clean tone is more important to me than an overdriven/distorted one.

Also - I'm putting as S1 switch in the guitar... Not sure if that changes anything in terms of noiseless pups being more relevant because of added hum or anything. Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

What type of music do you play?

I have a set of Fender Texas specials in my Strat and they sound really good on cleans/bluesy stuff but aren't great for anything heavy(they do have a good bit of hum though).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭quicklickpaddy

Connavar wrote: »
    What type of music do you play?

I have a set of Fender Texas specials in my Strat and they sound really good on cleans/bluesy stuff but aren't great for anything heavy(they do have a good bit of hum though).

Whoah, old thread. Yeah I have a Strat with Texas Specials... I'm not wild on them to be honest! I settled on Lace Sensor Hot Golds and I'm just waiting on XMusic to get them in for me with the S1 switch. Looks like I could be waiting a while here :mad:

Whoah, old thread.
    Yeah I probably would have left it alone if someone else had responded.
    Good luck with the buy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭quicklickpaddy

Thanks for the reply anyways man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Whoah, old thread. Yeah I have a Strat with Texas Specials... I'm not wild on them to be honest! I settled on Lace Sensor Hot Golds and I'm just waiting on XMusic to get them in for me with the S1 switch. Looks like I could be waiting a while here :mad:

I had a strat with Texas Specials - I didn't like them at all. Far too middy for a Strat IMHO.

• Advertisement

I had a strat with Texas Specials - I didn't like them at all. Far too middy for a Strat IMHO.
    Each to their own I suppose.
    I think they are great in cleans but once you go for some heavier stuff they really start to lack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

What're people's opinion of the vintage noiseless pickups?

Advertisement