Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreamweaver Dropdown Menu

Options
  • 18-07-2010 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi,
    I am new to web development and am currently trying my hand at developing a new site for my Dad. So far all is going well except when trying to insert a dropdown menu in the navigation bar. Im using Dreamweaver 8 and have tried creating a 'hotspot' over one of the navigation buttons. The problem is that when i add the 'pop up menu' to the hotpspot and then go to view in a browser, all the buttons to the right off the hotspot are pushed onto a new line. I have trawled the net looking for a solution to this problem and as of yet cannot find anything. If anyone has any ideas on what i may be doing wrong then any information would be much appreciated.
    All the best.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

try using CSS
    <select style='display:block; float:left;'>

Hope it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 petes2008

Hi Louie Can you tell me where this line of code should go in the CSS? Ive tried inserting into the #navabar CSS rule but it doesnt seem to work, could i be doing something wrong?

#navbar {
    height: 40px;
    width: 1220px;
    background-color: #666666;
    overflow: hidden;
    select style='display:block; float:left;
    }

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

I need to see the page to tell you exactly what & where but you can try
    #navbar {
    height: 40px;
    width: 1220px;
    background-color: #666666;
    overflow: hidden;
    display:block; 
    float:left;
    }

I don't think that will do the trick as you are applying the style to the entire div holding the navigation menu.

Advertisement