Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need answer asap!!bought phone in dixons travel italy..want refund!!

Options
  • 18-07-2010 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

ok i bout da blackberry curve 8520 in italy ''dixons travel'' last wendsday and the man in the shop said it was what i wanted but it is not nd he said i have 2 weeks to refund..i hear that dixons are jioned with currys and pc world..it would be easier to send to currys or pc world..but have rang 2 nd they dont deal wit blackberry...can someone tel me where i should send this for refund or if anyone know a currys in ireland that is jioned with dixons ..need answer asap as i only have 2 weeks..thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Magz_x wrote: »
    ok i bout da blackberry curve 8520 in italy ''dixons travel'' last wendsday and the man in the shop said it was what i wanted but it is not nd he said i have 2 weeks to refund..i hear that dixons are jioned with currys and pc world..it would be easier to send to currys or pc world..but have rang 2 nd they dont deal wit blackberry...can someone tel me where i should send this for refund or if anyone know a currys in ireland that is jioned with dixons ..need answer asap as i only have 2 weeks..thanks :)

From deciphering your post I understand that you bought a phone in dixons travel in Italy. Unfrotunately this means that you need to return the phone to the store you bought it in - in Italy. Whether or not that store is owned by the same parent company as Dixons, Currys or PC World here is irrelevant. They won't entertain you here at all. Sorry for the bad news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Magz_x

so should i ring them first in italy and tell them im sending it back...should there be any problems?? :/

I would most definitely contact them by phone and explain why you feel a refund is due (I don't know from your post what reason you have) If the phone is not fit for the purpose described then you would be entitled to a refund, if its a change of mind because you no longer want it then you wouldn't be entitled to a refund by law. If it's store policy to offer refunds within 14 days etc then you should be ok providing you have met their terms and conditions.

I would advise if sending the phone back to them to use a reputable courier like DHL / UPS to track it - it will be costly but the italian postal system is a disgrace and you're hihgly likely to have furhter issues if you don't.

its unlocked and in the shop he said it would work on my network (inc. internet and all features) but da only ting i cn do on it is ring and text ...the wifi also doesnt work...how much would ths courrier be around??...and i hav 2 weeks to return would it be back by this time ?? ..thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭bongi69

FYI the "Dixons Travel" in Italy is no way connected to DSG who run Currys, Pc World etc in IRL and UK. Dixons is also now a defunct brand with all stores having changed to PC Worlds or Currys. For future reference, it is possible to return products bought in UK branches to branches here, provided the product is sold in branches here.

OP have you contacted your network provider to obtain Internet and MMS, email etc. settings?

• Advertisement

bongi69 wrote: »
    FYI the "Dixons Travel" in Italy is no way connected to DSG who run Currys, Pc World etc in IRL and UK. Dixons is also now a defunct brand with all stores having changed to PC Worlds or Currys. For future reference, it is possible to return products bought in UK branches to branches here, provided the product is sold in branches here.

OP have you contacted your network provider to obtain Internet and MMS, email etc. settings?

They are connected to DSG in that they are owned by DSG but that doesn't help the OP anyway as they are legally seperate entities.

+1 on the contacting network provider. Your handset needs to be programmed specifically to your local network for intenret and mms etc. The fact that the phone is sending texts and handling voice traffic means it is indeed unlocked and you received what was described / promised to you by the store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭bongi69

They are connected to DSG in that they are owned by DSG but that doesn't help the OP anyway as they are legally seperate entities..

It's been bout 2 years since I was with DSG and the only brand I could remember them having in Italy was PC City (or something to that effect). I stand open to correction though since it has been a while :)

It's a smaller scale dixons normally located in airports. Bit of an article here talking about falling sales in general in the group. To be fair I think it's a newish venture.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Magz_x wrote: »
    its unlocked and in the shop he said it would work on my network (inc. internet and all features) but da only ting i cn do on it is ring and text ...the wifi also doesnt work...how much would ths courrier be around??...and i hav 2 weeks to return would it be back by this time ?? ..thanks :)

You sure that you've got the WAP settings etc. done right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

to be honest op'
    it just sounds like u want a refund as you dont no how to use it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

italian post is famous for items being thieved

loads of uk ebay sellers have italy on their "no ship " list

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Jev/N wrote: »
    You sure that you've got the WAP settings etc. done right?

ditto on this. Have you contacted your network about the right settings to be used on your phone for intenet/wap/mms etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

My guess is you have internet access? (you posted here!)

In the search bar, key in "dixons travel shop italy"

Up comes the details

http://www.dixonstravel.co.uk/index.cfm?fuseaction=dixons.home

Send them an email.

Its amazing how a few seconds of independent thinking can provide most answers!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭WopTittyPop

Run into whatever carrier (meteor, o2 etc..) you're with and ask them nicely can they change the settings for you! Most of the time they can send you a service message that automatically changes your settings for you!

Also, no Currys or PC World here will be able to refund the product. They're all owned by DSG, but Dixons Travel receipts will only scan through their systems under repair processes!

got it sorted thanks :)...just wondering as im on meteor how do i use the internet on it ..and what are the settings??? :cool: :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

will this work on blackberry 8520 or is there special settings i need??
    also is it possible to go on internet on blackberry on meteor ..has anyone been able to do this??

Advertisement