Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 Credit to another O2 Prepay Account

Options
  • 18-07-2010 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

As I would like to get a smart phone

I either have to sign up to O2 40 / month or
    Meteor 30 / month

but the problem is that I would loose 40 euro credit by porting...

Meteor might suit better as I don't spend that much and if I'm honest I am better off staying on O2 prepay but that another story :rolleyes: when I'm looking at a higher grade phone.

Question is can I move my existing credit to another O2 prepay number so that I can use my own number..if I was porting to Meteor and not loose credit.

Or if I can wait and want to keep the credit will i have to sign up to O2 Advance 40 / month

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The thread you posted in was over 3 years old, so i made a new one for you.

You can hold on to the o2 credit, if you stay with o2. They will add it to your account, and they will use it to pay your bills until its all gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭fearrchair

Sorry about the old thread.

Thanks for the reply but I wonder is it possible to transfer it to another prepay O2 customer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

o2 don't provide an official way to transfer money to another o2 prepay account. they may do it manually in customer care if you plead your case but i wouldn't expect it if you'rem oving network.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭globemaster1986

They won't transfer it to another prepay number for you (even if you ring up) but as Davy said if you move to o2 billpay the credit will be transferred and go off your bills until used up

Advertisement