Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cottage Cheese - any ideas?

Options
  • 18-07-2010 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭

I bought some in the supermarket this evening. I read on another thread that someone ate before bedtime, that it has very good nutritional values. Has anyone any ideas what to eat it with? Healthy wise

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

usually people will eat it before bed after some training/excercise because cottage cheese is a high source of protein, so the body gets protein throughout the night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

it's lovely on fruit, like berries or tinned peaches...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

For a savoury option, add salt, pepper, peeled and sliced cucumbers, minced garlic, lemon juice, some mint and parsley, and a little extra-virgin olive oil. Tzatziki without the yoghurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭rantyface

I LOOOOOOVE it on toasted brown bread! Also on the side of a hot curry

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭looperman1000

thanks a lot for this everyone. Is it possible to put on weight from this food though? This is what im not looking to do! Apologies, i know this question should really be in the nutrition thread!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

thanks a lot for this everyone. Is it possible to put on weight from this food though? This is what im not looking to do! Apologies, i know this question should really be in the nutrition thread!

It's possible to put on weight from any food! Read the side of the tub for the nutritional info.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭stmol32

Paneer is an indian style cottage cheese.

It's not eactly the same but I would imagine you can replace the paneer with cottage cheese in any paneer recipe like this one http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Shahi-Paneer/Detail.aspx for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Millypenny

I usually make fruit-salad type thing with cottage cheese - it's the only thing I ever use cottage cheese for but it's very nice.

To start off with you make a simple vinaigrette (oil, white vinegar, bit of mustard, finely shallot, salt & pepper).
    Then add approx. 3-4 tbsps of the vinaigrette to the cottage cheese.
    Next slice 1-2sticks of celery, dice an apple, peach or nectarine, halve a handful of grapes, few cubes of melon (optional). Place the fruit in a bowl and stir the cottage cheese/vinaigrette mixture though it. Season to taste.

Advertisement