Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to North London

Options
  • 18-07-2010 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭

I've found a job in Kings Cross and so I expect I'll be looking to live in North London as places like Hammersmith just seem to be too much a trek in the morning. Anybody have an idea of decent areas in North London? I've heard Camden can be hit and miss along with Islington

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭nitrogen

North London is spilt between NW and N postcodes. You can see more here.

Here are just a couple of examples
    * Angel is a nice area, but can be expensive - very close to Kings Cross.
    * Finsbury park is a dump (But only around the tube station).
    * Crouch End is nice, but no tube.
    * Archway can be hit and miss.
    * Hollyway road is a bit of a dive, but gets nicer (And pricer) towards Highbury and Islington.
    * Kentish town is OK - just north of Camden.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Kilburn/Queens Park area is North West London and on good transport links with bus, tube and overground [overground runs to Euston which is a 10 min walk from Kings Cross]. Local shops are decent and the rents are good for what your getting.

Advertisement