Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orientation Guides

Options
  • 18-07-2010 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone had got an email yet saying if they're one or not ? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭kev_s88

nope still waiting to hear back :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I got an email nearly 2 weeks ago saying that we'd find out by the end of that week. Still nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

kateos2 wrote: »
    I got an email nearly 2 weeks ago saying that we'd find out by the end of that week. Still nothing.

Me too, also applied for the Arts Buddy scheme, it can't take that long..

I'm the same, haven't heard anything since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭CokaColumbo

There's an Arts buddy scheme?

• Advertisement

There's an Arts buddy scheme?

They're bringing it in this year. It was one of the things in James Williamsons campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

It's like the mentoring thing they have in most of the other area's first year's get paired[or grouped] up with someone a bit older than them [or a lot in kevs case :pac:] to have someone to talk to/show them around in the early stages of college

/knowing the campaign

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Scrappychimow

It's like the mentoring thing they have in most of the other area's first year's get paired[or grouped] up with someone a bit older than them [or a lot in kevs case :pac:] to have someone to talk to/show them around in the early stages of college

/knowing the campaign

But what if a mature student had to get shown around by a little dweeb like you, I bet he would strangle you..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Another fucking retarded idea put into practice that will no doubt fail spectacularly (although it will be trumpted as a success).:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

El Siglo wrote: »
    Another fucking retarded idea put into practice that will no doubt fail spectacularly (although it will be trumpted as a success).:pac:

If it was done properly it might be useful to a few people. Some first years can be in need of somebody to give them a helping hand. But I can see a lot of foxy first years getting paired with some poor sad sack that will end up their lapdog :D

• Advertisement

If it was done properly it might be useful to a few people. Some first years can be in need of somebody to give them a helping hand. But I can see a lot of foxy first years getting paired with some poor sad sack that will end up their lapdog :D

No such thing, they're just post-leaving cert scum as far as I'm concerned. I think R. Lee Ermey sums up my feelings of freshers and undergrads in general.:pac:

Can you imagine Brady doing this?;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

No such thing, they're just post-leaving cert scum as far as I'm concerned. I think R. Lee Ermey sums up my feelings of freshers and undergrads in general.:pac:

Can you imagine Brady doing this?;)

Oh they exist alright...strike when the iron is hot about 6 weeks into term when they have left their boyfriends from back home :D

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Jack Bracken

I'm one, although I can't recall applying. :/

Oh they exist alright...strike when the iron is hot about 6 weeks into term when they have left their boyfriends from back home :D

You make an adulterous statement.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

I'm one, although I can't recall applying. :/

Explain more please.

I'll make it work. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭rantyface

I was a mentor twice. first time was great, I had a group of 8 and we got along really well. The second time was terrible as I had a group of 26 and the only way to organise them was to arrange them like a class. I would recommend against doing it. There was nothing good about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

I can think of plenty of people in our group that couldve done with a buddy ;)

I can think of plenty of people in our group that couldve done with a buddy ;)

Lol!:D

The problem with our group is that everyone's laziness was contagious. Those were the days, Windsor Rd. was the ground zero for it all!:pac:

so details finally out about Orientation Guides :D

getting t-shirt and free dinner at training on friday :D awesome

and who could forget about the free hoodie too :) lol

I'm also quite excited about the prospect of a free lanyard. :v

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

So what exactly do you in the training, it's on between 9am and 4pm on friday.

mine said its from 2pm til 6pm...

guess they just tell us the stuff we have to pass along to all the new students, the main places to show them around, simple stuff like that. cant imagine theres too much to learn us

Who's bringing their group to the secret lakes.

not a chance! unless any of them are hot ;)

kev_s88 wrote: »
    not a chance! unless any of them are hot ;)

I went with someone to the secret lakes once, had I known it was for those purposes I wouldn't have contemplating going at all. Luckily one of the paths were blocked by construction. :rolleyes:

I went with someone to the secret lakes once, had I known it was for those purposes I wouldn't have contemplating going at all. Luckily one of the paths were blocked by construction. :rolleyes:

did he touch you? its ok Killer Pigeon, you're in a safe place here! :)

kev_s88 wrote: »
    did he touch you? i

It was a she but if you saw her you would understand my concern. :pac:

It was a she but if you saw her you would understand my concern. :pac:

sorta "she" you wouldnt want to be stuck at the secret lake with? ;)

3:45 to 6 for me. o:

• Advertisement

2 to 6 for me! I'll see you there Kev :)

Advertisement