Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orientation Guides

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭McNuggy10

kateos2 wrote: »
    2 to 6 for me! I'll see you there Kev :)

2-6 for me as well!! :)

You guys know anyone else doing it?
    I'm on my toblerone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

3:45 to 6 for me. o:
    Same here, I'll seya there Jack :cool:

Edit: Just got an email, turns out I'm going to be a Peer Mentor instead! Tasty :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Jack Bracken

Curse you for showing me up at the interview, BlandKitten! :v

Mwahaha! But now I have no idea about where I'm to go on Friday, 9am to 4pm, but the email never said where. Plus, do I still have to go to the Orientation Guide training?

Anyone have any extra details on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Mwahaha! But now I have no idea about where I'm to go on Friday, 9am to 4pm, but the email never said where. Plus, do I still have to go to the Orientation Guide training?

Anyone have any extra details on this?

This is the email I got;
    [FONT='PrimaSans BT,Verdana,sans-serif']Hi All,

I can now confirm that Peer Mentor training will take place on Friday 3rd September 2010 at 9am sharp (Registration) in the Veterinary Building Room 109. Please note that tea/coffee breaks and lunch are provided. The training will finish at 4pm and there will then be some Orientation training for approximately an hour afterwards.

I look forward to seeing you all on Friday and thank you for volunteering to be a Peer Mentor.

Regards

Naoimh
    [/FONT]

You should have a message about it in your ucd connect inbox. It might be different for those who are not in science.

• Advertisement

Thanks Killer Pigeon. I never got that email, only got one a few minutes ago saying a spot had opened up and did I want to take it.

Thanks Killer Pigeon. I never got that email, only got one a few minutes ago saying a spot had opened up and did I want to take it.

Well if you accept the spot then you'll probably get the above e-mail by tomorrow.

Waaay ahead of you :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭LC_ugh

Im an orientation guide. But wont make it on friday (3.45-6) because I have to work! Cannot wait to get the hoody!!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

LC_ugh wrote: »
    Im an orientation guide. But wont make it on friday (3.45-6) because I have to work! Cannot wait to get the hoody!!

isn't the training mandatory...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭LC_ugh

isn't the training mandatory...

yes but i was an orientation guide last year so i know the grounds. also going in early on monday to find out stuff. what time do we head in every day?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭kev_s88

didnt the e-mail just say we had to spend like 2 or 3 days and a couple of hours a day? i presume theres a given time that we have to start before but that we can leave when we want. having to sign in and out is good so they cant screw us out :D lol

Did anyone whose doing Peer mentoring find out who their mentees are yet and when they meet them?

Did anyone whose doing Peer mentoring find out who their mentees are yet and when they meet them?
    Check your email. There's a massive list assigning each group of students to each peer mentor.

As for meeting them, 'tis also addressed in the email :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Ooh I wonder if mine is a Boardsie :D

Got 16 padawans. I was only in a group of 9 or 10 last year.

I've got an odd eleven. The question though, is how many will show up through the wet and wild weather?

I've got an odd eleven. The question though, is how many will show up through the wet and wild weather?

I thought they were giving out free rain ponchos.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bigred100

Healium wrote: »
    Ooh I wonder if mine is a Boardsie :D

Would be interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

We're not finding out our groups until about 30 mins before meeting them (engineering)

T-shirt, poncho, hoodie :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement