Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worried about a company ive booked a trip with

Options
  • 18-07-2010 8:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭

hey guys,

I wont mention the company as I dont have much evidence to back my thoughts.

I have booked a mountaineering trip abroad this autumn with an Irish company who also do tours within ireland. The seem to very casual. I have asked three times for them to, as they promised, to disclose the best flight time to our destination (flights are not included in price) and I havent heard anything in a month from them.

Also after searching reviews, there are alot of good reviews, that simply look as if they were written by someone in the company. They have also had a thread with a good review on this site closed, as the mod team saw through it at that time.

There are some bad reviews about there trips to the cliffs of moher, that they didnt have proper guides. But i didnt find any about their trips abroad.
    I have paid about 50 euro deposit. I am getting paranoid that they take deposits, and hope that the customer will cancel....

I wont be cancelling, as I was planning on visiting this country anyway. So if I dont hear from them, is there anywhere I can lodge a complaint to?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

hey guys,

I have booked a mountaineering trip abroad this autumn with an Irish company who also do tours within ireland. The seem to very casual. I have asked three times for them to, as they promised, to disclose the best flight time to our destination (flights are not included in price) and I havent heard anything in a month from them.

Also after searching reviews, there are alot of good reviews, that simply look as if they were written by someone in the company. They have also had a thread with a good review on this site closed, as the mod team saw through it at that time.

There are some bad reviews about there trips to the cliffs of moher, that they didnt have proper guides. But i didnt find any about their trips abroad.
    I have paid about 50 euro deposit. I am getting paranoid that they take deposits, and hope that the customer will cancel....

I wont be cancelling, as I was planning on visiting this country anyway. So if I dont hear from them, is there anywhere I can lodge a complaint to?

thanks

Well based on what you said, do not not pay a penny more than the fifty euro. Any company that does not respond inside a month is having serious difficulty or at a minimum has really crap customer service. Chase the fifty euro up and book with someone else. Am I reading correctly that you are taking this trip within Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

Hi thanks for the reply,

No the trip is to the Alps. There is no way im leaving the fifty euro with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Hi thanks for the reply,

No the trip is to the Alps. There is no way im leaving the fifty euro with them.

They sound dodgy anyway, be thankful it is only fifty euro at this stage. I presume that they don't have your bank details to debit the rest?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

hey guys,

thanks

I'm assuming you emailed them. Why?
    Can you not ring them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Walk away. Do not give them any more money, and do not make any more bookings (especially for flights or accommodation) with them. You may have to take the hit on the €50, but be thankful that's all it is.

This sounds like it's just a booking agent, so it's completely unregulated. There is no one to complain to or to police what they do. Cut your losses, and search for a reputable agent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

I think I'd take the €50 hit too. I'd be reluctant to head off into the mountains with a dodgy crowd like this tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

hey guys,

thanks

Did you pay by credit card? You can do a charge back for no service provided.

Advertisement