Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lisdoonvarna Barbecue Championships

• 18-07-2010 9:14pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know if this is still on and if so what time in September it's likely to be held?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

Contact Marcus Whyte in the Hydro Hotel 065 - 7074005, they should be able to help you there!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Cheers...will do !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Ive never heard of it before but now Im intrigued. Feck all information about it on the net, must be relatively small?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

i know this used to be a huge comp, 30 and more competitors, from all over the world and by God the Americans knew how to do it in style, i even think lisdoon held the world championships at one stage.

Dont know much about it now, but Marcus in the hydro i think is the main man behind it or used to be!

It was always held the first weekend in sept, my memory isnt too good from that era in lisdoon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

Can anyone tell me more? Or a website? I love bbq's :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Still didn't get around to callnig him but I found this small piece of info :

The annual Irish Barbecue Championships take place in Lisdoonvarna in early September. There are eight categories, but you need only compete in four to be eligible for the grand prize. For those who enjoy barbecuing the festival is great fun.
    http://www.myguideireland.com/lisdoonvarna

also this :

http://bbq.about.com/od/regionalandethniccooking/a/aa031106a.htm

Advertisement