Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WLR Podcasts

• 18-07-2010 9:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭

Is it possible to get WLR podcasts to download for the ipod? i tried itunes but cant find any there:D

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Their website has a Podcast section..

Tis the first place id have looked tbh ;P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Sully wrote: »

Pshh we'll have none of your common sense here thanks. :pac:

Slightly off topic but do WLR ever do one-off programming that might be of interest to people to download? I used to work in Radio Kilkenny and they often made special programs (such as on Neil Young etc.) that I would love to get a hold of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭backtobass

Sully wrote: »

thats right but you can only listen from the web-site, you cant download them onto an ipod, hence the question but thanks anyway:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

backtobass wrote: »
    thats right but you can only listen from the web-site, you cant download them onto an ipod, hence the question but thanks anyway:D

Caught me there :P I see your point. Give them an email and see?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Adyx wrote: »
    Pshh we'll have none of your common sense here thanks. :pac:

Slightly off topic but do WLR ever do one-off programming that might be of interest to people to download? I used to work in Radio Kilkenny and they often made special programs (such as on Neil Young etc.) that I would love to get a hold of.

I think they do. Didnt the Cabin Fever Diva (Cant think of her name) do something one on Jackie Kennedy and her visit to Waterford. As far as i know you have to try and go through some sound and vision crowd to get it done, or to get some assistance etc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

backtobass wrote: »
    http://www.wlrfm.com/Podcasts/Player/TabId/285/VideoId/316/Beauty-And-The-Beach.aspx

Just click the "Subscribe" button and you can download the podcasts as MP3 files using Internet Explorer. These can then be transfered to your IPod or MP3 player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

I've been trying to figure out how to download them as MP3's for ages. thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭reni10

Seems like unable to get the mp3 files again on the new WLRFM site:
    http://www.wlrfm.com/wlrfm-podcasts/deise-am-podcasts.html

I do not know why they call them podcasts if they can not actually be transferred to a portable device!

You can only listen to them on the website and then only using Flash, pretty pathetic effort by WLR!

I dont know why they do not just submit them to the iTunes Music Store for free and then everyone can grab them easily as they come out and listen easily on their iPhones and other portable devices!

Get your act in gear WLR!!!

It's a ****ing shambles tbh. I know guys putting out podcasts from their bedrooms who have a section on iTunes.

No idea what WLR are up to with this!

Just submit them to iTunes and then put that link on the podcast page!

It would actually be easier to submit to iTunes over what they are doing now and they would get more listeners too I would bet.

WLR seem to be stuck in 2001!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Download the latest Real Player, then play the audio file on the WLR site. Now right click the play button on the WLR page and select the option "Download video to Realplayer" This will save the files as a mp3 in the Realplayer Download folder in My Videos.:)

Thats such a pain in the ass though! With my regular podcasts all i do is pop into itunes and bam, downloaded with no fuss in about 10 seconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭backtobass

It's a complete mickey mouse set up:D

The really stupid thing is they keep trying to call out on their shows how with it they are having podcasts and facebook/twitter pages etc. but what a shambles the podcasts are!

Anyone from WLR reading this just do the simple thing and submit the podcasts to iTunes and post the subscribe link on the page!
    It is easier then what you are doing now!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

if you view the source of the webpage you can see the address to the mp3 file.

it looks similar to this http://www.wlrfm.com/podcasts/DeiseAM/Deise AMJUNE13thpt12011.mp3

You should be able to open the address in a web browser and save the "page" to your desktop. then transfer to your phone

They actually have the mp3 link but just don't put those links into a simple RSS feed or submit them to iTunes!

They actually have the following in the source as well but it is not an actual RSS feed:
    /wlrfm-podcasts/deise-am-podcasts.feed?type=rss

What a complete and utter waste! Whoever does the website there needs a good kick in the rear end!

You are really with it WLR, don't know why I even want to listen to the stupid station now if you can't get something as simple as this right...

I have done WLR's job for them and created a RSS feed that people can use in iTunes or on their portable device to subscribe and listen to the DeiseAM podcasts automatically:

http://feeds.feedburner.com/PodcastDeiseAm

Hope people get some use out of this....

Feel free to say thanks WLR!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

Nice one, saved me the work :D. Still dont know why anyone listens to that station though.

More stupidness at WLRFM.com!

They did not upload any DesieAM podcasts for Wed or Thurs and then uploaded only part 2 of Friday!

Also I really like the FULL CAPS LOCK typed description of Fridays episode!?!
    They need to get someone who is even a little bit tech savvy to look after their site, it is truly atrocious!

Makes them look like real amateurs!

Advertisement