Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop won't turn on

Options
  • 18-07-2010 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hey I was hoping someone could give me help before I took my laptop into a repair shop.
    I have a Dell Vostro for the last two and a half years, with Windows Vista OS, I've had no problems with it in that time, and I would say I've treated it well and been carefully about installing dodgy programs and the like.
    Last week I installed a trail version of Kaspersky Pure, I downloaded it straight from the website so I thought it would be fine, but when running the first full scan the whole thing went haywire, the computer crashed and I turned it off and restarted. I gave the scan another chance and let it go again, but this time when it crashed pressing ctrl+alt+del did nothing, the mouse was unresponsive and even holding the power button did nothing. I left it for a while but there was no change, so I took out the battery, I know it was probably the last thing you're supposed to do but I thought I could just restart.
    Now the laptop won't even turn on, plugged into the charger or without... no joy. I left it overnight hoping it'd fix itself but again... no joy.
    So basically I was hoping that someone who'd know what they were talking about could give me advice on what the likely problem is, how to fix it etc. or if anyones done the same thing?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭uvox

doesn't sound good. removing the battery won't cause a problem.

trial software like that wouldn't cause a failure to at least attempt to reboot.

if you're getting no lights shown on the machine at all, i'd put in a service call.

Advertisement