Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imperfect tattoos?

Options
  • 18-07-2010 10:28pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Thoughts anyone?

I have a tattoo on my wrist of a heart, star and quaver and it's absolutely perfect to me except one of the lines on the star looks slightly unfinished as such (I can't really describe it!). I was showing the tattoo to my friend yesterday who pointed it out to me and said I should get it touched up but for me I kind of like the way it is, it has it's own little quirk with that line. When i said this my friend said her boyfriend felt the same about these imperfections in his tattoos as well.

I'm just wondering how others feel about this. Would you automatically demand a touch up when you realised that you had the imperfection or would you leave it be as part of your tattoo? :)

If that all made any sense at all...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭pajodublin

if i noticed it staright away i would want it done over BUT if you have got used to it and it has formed a part of the tattoo to YOU then i dont see a problem leaving it as is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Warm Panda Cola

I think if you like it and now you see the little quirk as something that's part of your tattoo, then it's made it all the more special and unique to you, I wouldn't even contemplate getting it fixed! Some people think perfection is everything (and with some tattoo's it DEFINITELY is!) but isn't it our little quirks that make our personalities stand out & that make us more interesting to people-same goes for tattoos!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Mr Teeny

When I got my two done on the wrists the ink didn't take well so I had to go back in and get full touch ups done on both. Lots of solid black with blotches would've driven me mad.

But in saying that, when I was getting it done originally the razor nicked my arm a little (damn you hairy arms!!) and a little ink got into the cut. Thought nothing of it at the time but when the little scab healed it left a tiny little grey line beside the tattoo :) it's barely noticeable but a few people have asked if she slipped and accidentally did the little line :)

It's a tiny imperfection but is now part of the tattoo, no biggie to me :)

As long as you are happy with it, who cares what anyone else thinks, your body, your ink :)

Reminds me of a quote (no idea who said it mind)

“I find imperfection the most interesting thing about a person”

Advertisement