Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modding of private forums.

Options
  • 18-07-2010 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭

Okay, well I had hoped it wouldn't come to this, but I feel that I have been left no choice and that this is a concern that needs to be voiced. This is not a personal attack on any mods, and I have every respect for their duty, but I think it needs to be said that on occasion, the action of mods has been inappropriate and a boundary does need to be set.

Within private forums, I have found, in my albeit limited experience, mods seem to act in ways which would never ever be seen as acceptable in other places on the site.

Imo, this is unjust. Bullying should be frowned upon site-wide, and failure to adhere to this should have a no tolerance policy. If a mod is unable to act fairly, they should not be a mod, and private forums should not be an exception.

I think there need to be consequences for when a mod of a private forum acts in a way that is out of line, other than, "Oh, that's his/her forum, he/she can do what he/she wants.". Respect for users still needs to be a top priority, and it isn't at the moment. It's time that this was spoken about.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Out of curiosity, who is your boyfriend? And if you don't want to say it in public then can you PM me about it, because if it's who I think it is, then I understand why this happened

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

There's a Help Desk thread open. There's no need for a Feedback thread on the same topic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement