If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG Blu-ray player

Options
  • 18-07-2010 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭

Hi, I was wondering if you have the LG BD560 in stock?

http://www.lg.com/uk/tv-audio-video/video/LG-blu-ray-player-BD560.jsp

I had a quick look at one of these today in and was impressed by the range of formats of computer videos this could play through usb.

I tried the Panasonic BD65 first, but not many types of video showed up at all through usb unfortunately, as they were spoken highly of for the main blu-ray disc quality.

Long term I would be looking at adding a surround sound setup to this. In the mean-time it would connect to the dvd surround I already have, which has an optical connection. I never got to check in my local store, but does this LG have the right audio connection for this?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

The_g-man wrote: »
    Hi, I was wondering if you have the LG BD560 in stock?

http://www.lg.com/uk/tv-audio-video/video/LG-blu-ray-player-BD560.jsp

I had a quick look at one of these today in and was impressed by the range of formats of computer videos this could play through usb.

I tried the Panasonic BD65 first, but not many types of video showed up at all through usb unfortunately, as they were spoken highly of for the main blu-ray disc quality.

Long term I would be looking at adding a surround sound setup to this. In the mean-time it would connect to the dvd surround I already have, which has an optical connection. I never got to check in my local store, but does this LG have the right audio connection for this?

G Man,

Apologies for the delay getting back to you - unfortunately I'm away on holiday at the moment with really limited web access and to make matters worse Kenny has thoughtlessly gone and burst his appendix so he is out of action as well - so we are REALLY behind answering posts but I'll make sure we catch up over the next 24 hours :o.

Unfortunately we don't stock the BD560 - the only LG BDP we have at the moment is the LG BD390 which is now just £169.95.

These are the formats that it declares it will play ( it does play others as well but not officially ;))

BD-ROM / BD-R/ BD-RE / DVD (PAL / NTSC) / DVD+RW/+R / DVD-R/DVD+R (8.5GB Double Layer) DVD-RW / -R (VR/ Video Mode) CD-R/-RW AUDIO-CD / MPEG4 / DivX / DivX HD

Re. the optical cable - yep just about all BDP's have optical out and the BD390 def has this feature - but if you need info on any other BDP's just drop me a line & we will do our best to get the info for you,

ATB,
    John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭The_g-man

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply, but my family rushed in to buying a player already.:o

It turns out the LG BD560 has only a coaxial connection, and the pictures I had seen were for the BD570 which has both coaxial and optical.:rolleyes:

We got a Samsung BD-C5500 instead, and it plays many of the computer video formats, and syncs up nicely with the Samsung tv.
    http://bluray-players.net/samsung/samsung-bd-c5500-review/

As I said the plan is to hook this up to a decent surround system in the future, and all the best deals seem to be right here. It won't be for a few months, but I will post here again for a few options.

Thanks.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

The_g-man wrote: »
    Hi John,

Thanks for the reply, but my family rushed in to buying a player already.:o

It turns out the LG BD560 has only a coaxial connection, and the pictures I had seen were for the BD570 which has both coaxial and optical.:rolleyes:

We got a Samsung BD-C5500 instead, and it plays many of the computer video formats, and syncs up nicely with the Samsung tv.
    http://bluray-players.net/samsung/samsung-bd-c5500-review/

As I said the plan is to hook this up to a decent surround system in the future, and all the best deals seem to be right here. It won't be for a few months, but I will post here again for a few options.

Thanks.

G-Man,

many thanks for the post & apologies again that it took us so long to get back yuo you - when you are ready for the AV system - just drop me a line personally and remind me that we were slow the last time & I'll do my best to sort you out an extra special boardie deal!

Thanks again,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.