Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Firefox portable

• 19-07-2010 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Is it safer to run Firefox off a USB key than to have it on the hard drive.
    And how safe is it compared to the one that comes from Mozilla. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

in what respect do you mean safer? if you're just using it at home on your home pc i'd have thought a usb key just makes things more ackward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

On your home computer? No. Use the latest "official version".

At an internet cafe or college? Yes. Probably better than the alternatives already installed on the system. All your cookies, sessions, history, etc are stored on the USB drive and not on the public PC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭jeffk

I use mostly portable apps now, saves having big images of your c drive or having to restore an imagine because firefox etc went wrong.

I find the portable firefox loads much faster and works the exact same, like I have febe set to a schedule and it works no worries.

Theres numerous sites, but I find firefox from portableapps.com is the best and sets the default browser and updates as normal.

Advertisement