Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Missed visit from Social Welfare Officer - what now?

• 19-07-2010 1:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi, I had my means test for Jobseekers Allowance a few weeks ago. I was given a harder time than I expected, compared with the experiences of a few friends. A week after that I went on holiday, and signed out as required. I signed back in Friday morning first thing, at 9.30am, and then went to run a necessary errand. I arrived back to my house at about 11.30am to be told by my housemate that I had just missed a visit from the Social Welfare officer.

This woman didn't actually identify herself but from the description and the fact that I can't think who else would call to visit me, it must be her. My housemate told her I should be back in about 20 minutes and she just said ok and walked away.

Given the fact I don't feel too happy with how my means test went, I am extremely upset that I missed this visit (and a little vexed that the visit happened less than 2 hours after I signed back on!). I just want to know, how bad is it that I missed this visit? What if I happen to miss the next one?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

law_lady wrote: »
    Hi, I had my means test for Jobseekers Allowance a few weeks ago. I was given a harder time than I expected, compared with the experiences of a few friends. A week after that I went on holiday, and signed out as required. I signed back in Friday morning first thing, at 9.30am, and then went to run a necessary errand. I arrived back to my house at about 11.30am to be told by my housemate that I had just missed a visit from the Social Welfare officer.

This woman didn't actually identify herself but from the description and the fact that I can't think who else would call to visit me, it must be her. My housemate told her I should be back in about 20 minutes and she just said ok and walked away.

Given the fact I don't feel too happy with how my means test went, I am extremely upset that I missed this visit (and a little vexed that the visit happened less than 2 hours after I signed back on!). I just want to know, how bad is it that I missed this visit? What if I happen to miss the next one?

Thanks.

Did you call the Social Welfare to confirm that they had visited. perhaps you should do this before tying yourself in knots over something that could potentially be nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

You are not expected to be sitting at home waiting for SW Inspector to visit.
    If they miss you one or two times, they will write/phone to make a firm arrangement for a specified day.

Advertisement