Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mount falcon

Options
  • 19-07-2010 9:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭

hi folks i was wondering did any of u stay at the mount falcon hotel in mayo i am going there in a few weeks time also what is there to do around that area like walks etc....the hotel looks very nice on the internet so hopefully it will be good

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭justo

leoch wrote: »
    hi folks i was wondering did any of u stay at the mount falcon hotel in mayo i am going there in a few weeks time also what is there to do around that area like walks etc....the hotel looks very nice on the internet so hopefully it will be good

I've stayed for a wedding and eaten there a few times. It is very nice.

There are some lovely big living rooms for guests to sit and have a drink in which is very relaxing. The grounds are nice for waking and you could try the flyfishing course they provide, although I have not done this myself. as far as things to do in the area go:

There is a new cycle-way in Newport which is very scenic and easy going, and this could be walked aswell. It is about 17 kms from Newport to Mullranny. On the way back, head to Healy's in Pontoon for an outside pint if the weather is nice, the Pontoon Bride Hotel for nice views over Loch Conn.

From Mount Falcon, the closest beach is found by taking the Quay rd out of Ballina to Enniscrone. Lovely beach for walking and the seaweed baths are great. The Ice House or Crockett's on Quay Rd are nice for snazzy food or good pub grub respectively. Also closer to Ballina is a forest walk just up the Killalla Rd, a few kms out of town.

Enjoy.

Advertisement