Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrity Bainisteoir 2010 (3rd Series)**Spoilers**

Options
  • 19-07-2010 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 86,257 ✭✭✭✭

RTE is close to completing its line-up of managers for the forthcoming Celebrity Bainisteoir series.
    Dragon's Den star Gavin Duffy will take charge of Roche Emmett's in Louth, while RTE TV presenter Blathnaid Ni Chofaigh will manage Nobber in her native Co. Meath. The Apprentice's Breffny Morgan will manage a team in Cork, while Today FM's Mairead Farrell has signed up to look after a team in Dublin.
    The producers were hoping to get TG4's and new Rose of Tralee host Daithi O Se involved, but he was unavailable due to other work commitments.
    "Unfortunately he just has too much on his plate at the moment," said a show source.
    "He has a new TG4 show coming out, his Rose of Tralee duties, The All Ireland Talent Show and his job as a weather presenter to consider, so he just couldn't fit it in this time around," they added.
    Talks are said to be still under way with a high-profile comedian, a politician and a well-known actress for the series whose previous winners were Marty Whelan's Maryland (Westmeath) and Down outfit Glasdrumman, who were managed by Derek Davis.

Derek from Crystal Swing is also on board for this series

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Was talking to Andrew Maxwell there about 2 weeks ago - he's the high profile comedian involved, although according to him its set in stone and he wants to do it, so don't know what they're still talking about...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Well theres definately someone from Kerry involved as Castelisland GAA club has big signs up welcoming celebrity banasteoir.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,257 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

panda100 wrote: »
    Well theres definately someone from Kerry involved as Castelisland GAA club has big signs up welcoming celebrity banasteoir.

Derek from Crystal Swing have them :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

some fella called franc has team from fermoy

• Registered Users Posts: 43,881 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Probably the wedding fella.. is it?

Though isn't his real name Peter. Although it's more likely he'll be using the name in which he's known by.

• Advertisement

http://www.fermoygaaclub.com/

Training under Bainisteoir Franc aka Peter Kelly is on track after the lads and Peter enjoyed a really good week end on their own at the West Cork resort of Courtmacsherry on Saturday last, they were very well received by the local GAA club who recognised that they are trying to do our county proud in the coming Celebrity Bainisteoir competitions which will open with a home game for Fermoy against their Dublin rivals Ballymun Kickhams on July 31, in recognising this facet of the game, the local club had their club and premises done up in the Fermoy colours and they greeted and looked after our lads in a very warm and friendly manner. On behalf of our club I wish to extend thanks to the club members and to the people of Courtmac for the hospitality shown to our reps on Sat. Franc of course is an excellent host and he really made it for the lads with his humour, fun and laughter.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Derek from Crystal Swing have them :p

But he's from Cork? They won't have the first clue who he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

yes peter kelly thats your man

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Breffny Morgan has Kilconly GAA club from Tuam, Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Jayo11780

Shannonbridge GAA club in Offaly have Nuala Carey - the RTE weather reporter.
    They're up against Castleisland Desmonds from Kerry with the game to be played in shannonbridge the last weekend in August.

• Advertisement

Crystal Swing's Derek Burke, Peter Kelly from Brides of Franc, Mairéad Farrell, Breffny Morgan, Nuala Carey, Gavin Duffy, Bláthnaid Ni Chofaigh and Andrew Maxwell are taking part this season

Oohh Andrew Maxwell will be funny and so will Breffney. Some of the 'celebs' I've never heared of. I love watching that akward moment when they go into the dressing room and the team haven't a notion whose mentoring them :)

My fave celebs so far have been Patrick Kielty, just cos he took it so damn seriously! Gerald Keane was second fave for getting Martin O'Neil over to give them the prep talk before the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 martin699

My own club Kilconly are involved in this series this year... as said above Breffny Morgan is our bainisteoir for it and our first game is this coming weekend Sat Aug 21st against Roche Emmets from Louth... Gavin Duffy is their bainisteoir...

I have to say at the beginning of this I was a bit worried that it would be just a distraction from our normal season but I think it has been a positive experience so far and im looking forward to the weekend up in Louth... hopefully it will be a good game...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

anybody know when this is due to air on tv??

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Starting next weekend afaik, Sunday at 6.30pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭baalthor

Tonight's episode features Mairead Farrell jumping up and down to encourage her team while wearing a very tight fitting T-shirt ...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

baalthor wrote: »
    Tonight's episode features Mairead Farrell jumping up and down to encourage her team while wearing a very tight fitting T-shirt ...
    She's very encouraging.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Was hoping she'd lose seeing as she was abit too confident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 melwright1979

Ballymun will play Nobber in the semi final on Sunday 10th October at Kickham's pitch (near to Dublin Airport). Throw in is at 3pm and kids matches will be played beforehand from 1pm. All welcome

Castleisland (Derek from Crystal Swing) played Kilconly (Breffny Morgan) over the weekend and won

The final will be played in Parnell Park on Friday October 29th at 7:00pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭JeanClaude

Was hoping she'd lose seeing as she was abit too confident.

I was really hoping she'd lose aswell, thought she was a right bitch, TBH

• Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

JeanClaude wrote: »
    I was really hoping she'd lose aswell, thought she was a right bitch, TBH

Blathnaid Ni Chofaigh or Mairead Farrell?

Mairead Farrell was grand to be honest. Blathnaid was a complete wagon the first week. Telling lads to pull up their socks and not to be spitting. All with a voice that would shatter your front windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Blathnaid Ni Chofaigh or Mairead Farrell?

Mairead Farrell was grand to be honest. Blathnaid was a complete wagon the first week. Telling lads to pull up their socks and not to be spitting. All with a voice that would shatter your front windows.

+1 - she is so irritating!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭patmac

The Breffmeister carries on where he left off from last year's Apprentice by reminding the country what a prize tool he is.
    Embarrising win for Kilcooly despite Breffni's efforts, will be strong favourites as intermediate football is strong in Galway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 melwright1979

Should be a great day out, free parking available and all welcome.

Full details of the event can be found here

http://www.ballymunkickhams.com/celebrity-bainisteoir

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

baalthor wrote: »
    Mairead looked REALLY good ! Very tasty !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Majestic 12

Anyone know who won out in Ballymun yesterday? Hope it was Mairead!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Anyone know who won out in Ballymun yesterday? Hope it was Mairead!

There was a slight hint on the Ray D'Arcy show this morning that the winner was
    Mairead
    !

Although that's just my interpretation!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Majestic 12

Laois_Man wrote: »
    There was a slight hint on the Ray D'Arcy show this morning that the winner was
    Mairead
    !

Although that's just my interpretation!

Thought the same myself but would love to know for definite.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 christybrown2

castleisland desmonds v ballmun in parnell park 29th october at 8pm in celebrity bainisteoir final

Advertisement