Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dirty Water - Portarlington

Options
  • 19-07-2010 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭

Folks,

For about the last 10 days our water has been pretty murky (I'm in Railway Mews by the way) and I'm just wondering has anyone else had this problem.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭BUBBLES1978

have noticed too!!! was away for a few days and went to run a nice relaxing bath last night and it was a lovely murky brown colour!!!!! im in whitefields !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

crann nua the same :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Kingdom

It's been like this in Crann Nua for a few days now. I rang the council just there and they have been inundated with calls. They're working on it. A possible reason was the flash flooding.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

Kingdom wrote: »
    It's been like this in Crann Nua for a few days now. I rang the council just there and they have been inundated with calls. They're working on it. A possible reason was the flash flooding.

and to think that they're toying with the idea of bringing in "water charges" :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

Roaster wrote: »
    Folks,

For about the last 10 days our water has been pretty murky (I'm in Railway Mews by the way) and I'm just wondering has anyone else had this problem.

Same estate and same problem. Its going on a bit too long now at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Silent Rain

Noticed somebody in luminous jacket had water gushing everywhere from one of those water hydrants on station rd. at about midnight last night. Was surprised to see somebody working on something like that at that time on a Sunday night. Fair dues if they were out trying to fix it at that hour... Although I hadn't noticed the brown water until after they'd started working on it.... Maybe its a means of persuading people to use less water....

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

I contacted the Council and they said that the current tests that they have run, suggest the water is safe to drink. They reckon that the heavy rainfall in recent days has caused the treatment of the water to effect the colour. They are working on the problem at night and it is hoped it will be fixed this week sometime.

I don't buy that excuse because as I stated earlier mine has been like this for about 7-10 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 coranora

I rang the council today and they were so rude! She denied there was a problem and told me to call the local office. So I did and then she said yeah we know there is a problem but there is nothing we can do with it, its the rains fault. She told me to get on to my local councillor who I voted for if its an ongoing issue because there is nothing the council can do. I couldnt believe her attitude, it was as if she thought I was some blow in for complaining about the water quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 nov_babe

I have this issue too for the past week or so (Whitefields) and it's digusting. I have taken to showering in work and using bottled water to drink.
    I can't turly believe that water that colour is ok to drink. The sooner it's sorted the better.

Advertisement