Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish MTB Cross Country Champs

• 19-07-2010 10:31am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Robin Seymour yesterday won his 16th !!!! Cross country.

I'm not sure the media or even cycling truly appreciate what a cyclist this guy is. His endurance is excellent obviously but his bike handling skills are out of this world.

Few pics here from irishcycling.com

http://www.irishcycling.com/publish/news/art_5075.shtml

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭mollser

Brilliant day out that - well done to Epic MTB for organising such a great event. Had a very troubled day racing in Sports, but the marshalls and supporters were so good and encouraging all the way around that it didn't matter that you were way down the field.

Cowbells were a fantastic idea. Agree with you Rob, the lead that Robin had opened up after just one lap was frightening - the speed he rips around is unbelievable!

Brilliant event, really raising the bar for mtb in Ireland. Even live streaming from the forest to a giant video screen at the start/finish line - class!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭madrichie

Plenty of pics here:
    http://picasaweb.google.com/briancribbin/XCNationals2010?authkey=Gv1sRgCK7-4MDQq5jzgQE&feat=directlink

http://www.flickr.com/photos/madmtb/sets/72157624406181773/

http://picasaweb.google.com/bryanmdc/EpicMTBXCNationalChamps2010#

Hundreds of riders turned out for a great day on one of the best xc course I've raced on. The Epic lads struck the perfect balance of tech, climbing and descending. Still buzzing after it :D

Well done Robin, and Ryan who came in 2nd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

RobFowl wrote: »
    Robin Seymour yesterday won his 17th !!!! Cross country title in a row.

I'm not sure the media or even cycling truly appreciate what a cyclist this guy is. His endurance is excellent obviously but his bike handling skills are out of this world.

Aye, he's unreal, no doubt about it. Was on one starting line with him and he was gone like a rocket and kept the pace up the entire race. Those elites really live in a different world.

RobFowl wrote: »
    Robin Seymour yesterday won his 17th !!!! Cross country title in a row.

Actually Robin didn't compete in last years champs - it was won by Conor McConvey.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

madrichie wrote: »
    Actually Robin didn't compete in last years champs - it was won by Conor McConvey.

Edited

Was quoting irishcycling who you seem to have contacted as well ;)

"Results: ELITE MEN - 5 Laps
    1 Robin Seymour (5) Team WORC 02:01:23
    2 Ryan Sherlock (3) MTB Assoc of Dublin 02:06:19
    3 Peter Buggle (12) Rocky Mountain 02:08:05
    4 Joseph McCall (1) Focus MTB 02:11:54
    5 Richard Felle (10) Thinkbike.ie 02:16:33
    6 Philip Roche (4) Team WORC 02:28:40

Apology: Our earlier result indicated that Robin Seymour had won 17 titles, it should have read 16 as he did not compete in the event last year. The 2009 championships was won by Conor McConvey."

Ha! nope was not me, must have been another eagle eyed mtb'r :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭ryan_sherlock

A quick video blog about my race yesterday: http://youtu.be/V6XJeC__ttE

I'll have the usual blog post up once I get a chance. The crash yesterday has me in bits today - a tennis ball bruise on my hip, and a matching golf ball one on my left hand. I should be grand in a few days anyway.

Technical, fun course and an amazing event. Best of the year I have been to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Ah Phil Roche got 6th, good man!

(There was more than 6 people, right? :) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭zil

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Ah Phil Roche got 6th, good man!

(There was more than 6 people, right? :) )

9 people started but only 6 made it to the finish without been forced to stop due to getting lapped.

Provisional results here if your interested (xlsx file)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 gsa

9 people started

Nope, there were 12 starters in Elite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Don't worry I was only messing. He's a very strong rider and it's not surprising to see him up there.

...plus he now knows I have a boards account. I think his opinion of me might have dropped :)

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭mtbireland

Philip had a great ride.. his first MTB race in about 18 months and only about his 3rd time on the MTB this year.... to get around and finish on the same lap as Robin is no easy task so he did really well... rode sensibly

As for Robin well he's just in a league of his own... 39 years of age. He didn't race last year as the pressure of being undefeated for 15 years meant the last few years he didn't enjoy the champs so he made the difficult decision last year to sit out the event. With the race on home turf for him and using mostly tracks built by him he couldn't sit this one out... The question is when/will we have another Robin Seymour? Lots of people with good prospects over the years most lost to the road or to women and booze...

Advertisement