Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Test Drive Unlimited 2

Options
  • 19-07-2010 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭

I never played the first one but reading about this new one, I def have to pick it up. I'm mad for a good racer (not full sim like gt5).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Test_Drive_Unlimited_2

It an MMO racer but has a huge single player as well. Loads of customizations and racing round ibiza and hawai. Great multiplayer modes like Follow The Leader where teams race against each other but only one car from each team can see the checkpoints so the rest of the teams have to follow their 'leader' to make it through the checkpoints.

Graphics aren't up there with the best but it is an mmo after all. I wouldn't be interested in the whole getting out of the cars and showing online friends your house and hanging out on a boat but the driving looks class.

Anyone else getting this?

PS. I'm getting it on PS3 but I think TDU was bigger on PC then PS2 so I posted it here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Yeah Ill be getting it. I have the first one which is good but very buggy. The developers only released one patch and then stopped supporting it i think. There were serious memory related issues with it. I always had to drop the clock speeds on my graphics card to play the game, or else Id get a crash which required a reboot.

Its the perfect racing game for me. I dont like pure arcade racers and Im not into pure sims either. What I like is a game with lots of licensed supercars which I can drive around on a tropical paradise, allowing me to live out my Top Gear fantasies...... (which dont involve any of the presenters, before anyone says it!)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

im gonna get tdu for my PC (dual core 2100 amd and geforce 7600gt with 2gb's ram) Should be able to play it i think??

Not gonna leave the new one to chance tho so will def be getting it for ps3.

+1 on the experience, driving round hawai sounds like a laugh. MC:LA and GRID just got too boring for me after a while. I need a racer with more substance!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

sheehy83 wrote: »
    im gonna get tdu for my PC (dual core 2100 amd and geforce 7600gt with 2gb's ram) Should be able to play it i think??
    Specs are HIGH

Minimum System Requirements:

Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP (SP2) / Windows Vista (SP2) / Windows 7
    Processor : Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2GHz or AMD Athlon X2 4400+
    Video Card : 512 MB VRAM – NVIDIA GeForce 8800 / ATI Radeon HD 3870
    Memory : 2 GB RAM
    Hard Disk : 14 GB of free Hard Drive space
    Sound : DirectX 9.0c-compatible
    Direct X : 9.0c

Your processor is just about there I reckon. Your graphics card needs an upgrade for sure. :(

Specs are HIGH

Minimum System Requirements:

Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP (SP2) / Windows Vista (SP2) / Windows 7
    Processor : Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2GHz or AMD Athlon X2 4400+
    Video Card : 512 MB VRAM – NVIDIA GeForce 8800 / ATI Radeon HD 3870
    Memory : 2 GB RAM
    Hard Disk : 14 GB of free Hard Drive space
    Sound : DirectX 9.0c-compatible
    Direct X : 9.0c

Your processor is just about there I reckon. Your graphics card needs an upgrade for sure. :(

HAAHAH no no no no, i meant I will get TDU 1 for my PC, my rig wouldn't even eject the dvd tray for TDU 2!! :D

And those are min specs, its crazy!! I was gonna update my pc a few months back to similar to these specs and now i see i would be able to play min specs on the latest games!! I hate keeping up with the latest (and expensive) hardware!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Whoops sorry! Yeah your PC would be more than capable for the 1st one. :o

• Advertisement

Whoops sorry! Yeah your PC would be more than capable for the 1st one. :o

Yaaayy can't wait to give it ago. I just don't have any faith in my rig anymore, even for old games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

I was as hyped for the 1st one as everyone here is now, I remember them saying 'mmo' and the likes.

Bought it for my pc, and the online part of it never fully worked. It was being on this island with other people that attracted me to the game, I got pretty bored pretty fast with driving around on my own.

I had pictured this island with loads of other players on it too. But no. You drive around the island and every now and then (like once every 10 mins) you'd come across a hint of a laggy ghost car with a players name over it, but it'd disappear.

The net code was horrible, a lot of people where in the same boat as me and there was no solution. They released one patch as someone said , but it didn't fix it.

I've been a pc gamer for over 10 years, well used to tweaking games to get the online fully working and what not. Never had I had a game where the online just didnt work.

I bought it for the online elements, so I was pretty pissed.

I had read about those problems alright and how Atari were gonna release monthly packs of cars but they seemed to just back away slowly and hope no one notices.

Online seems good but I would prefer a good single player then a laggy MP. I have zero interest in metting 30 people in a night club. I would go to playstion Home if I wanted that.

Advertisement