Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for an o2 UK SIM Card

Options
  • 19-07-2010 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭

I am looking for an o2 UK SIM card.

My iPhone is locked to o2 UK so I need their SIM card to activate it, and as o2 UK wont send a SIM card to Ireland I need to find one somewhere in Ireland!
    Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Jack
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭djdunny

Jak, have you tried putting a generic postcode for ireland n see if they will send it to you. Also try and Google "free O2 sim cards" as there is often sites that give away free sims. Ive seen people talk about it here before but couldn't find it i'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Jakmeehan

djdunny wrote: »
    Jak, have you tried putting a generic postcode for ireland n see if they will send it to you. Also try and Google "free O2 sim cards" as there is often sites that give away free sims. Ive seen people talk about it here before but couldn't find it i'm afraid.
    Thanks for the reply, what generic postcode should I put in for Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 chiefhappy

They are readily available on ebay for token amounts (99p etc..) plus postage. Or if you want to kill two birds with one stone take your wife/lover/mother up to belfast for a days shopping = o2 sim card + brownie points !

chiefhappy wrote: »
    They are readily available on ebay for token amounts (99p etc..) plus postage. Or if you want to kill two birds with one stone take your wife/lover/mother up to belfast for a days shopping = o2 sim card + brownie points !
    Only problem is that I'm down in Wexford so it's a long drive! Will probably end up doing that tho, plus the north have iPad's... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭djdunny

Jak try BT11AA, its what the guys over on bargain alerts use for stuff coming from the uk that require a post code and is almost always guarantted to work. hope this helps.

cheers
    dunny

• Advertisement

djdunny wrote: »
    Jak try BT11AA, its what the guys over on bargain alerts use for stuff coming from the uk that require a post code and is almost always guarantted to work. hope this helps.

cheers
    dunny
    Cheers dunny that helps alot, I put that postcode in and some place in belfast came up as the address but I just changed to mine and chanced it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,200 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Jakmeehan wrote: »
    Cheers dunny that helps alot, I put that postcode in and some place in belfast came up as the address but I just changed to mine and chanced it :)

Need one myself as will be going to the uk soon... How did it work out for you?

Advertisement