Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the difficulty in obtaining a h-1b visa for usa.

Options
  • 19-07-2010 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hello all,

I was just wondering does anyone know anything about the process's involved in obtaining a h-1b visa for the usa. Basically I'm just trying to clear away any misconceptions about its requirements before I apply for one.

I would love the chance to go to the U.S. and be able to work for the year in a job that I can officially put on my c.v and not some under the counter bar job.

Anytime I've mentioned this post grad visa or visa you can apply for after you've completed a masters I've been told you can automatically apply for a one year temporary american work visa. This visa must be sought within a year of graduating with your post grad award and can be handily got.

I'm thinking for next year, that is 2011/2012 and at that time I will-god willing- have completed a masters in library and information studies.

However, anytime I look at a web site concerning it like this one for example http://www.globalvisas.com/us_immigration/us_h1_b_visas.html
    I get the impression that it's going to be very tricky to acquire one as it requires a job offer being made before you can successfully apply for the visa. But even then the offer can only be issued after a lengthy burocratic process on the potential employers side.

Call me pessimistic but to me the chances of obtaining a visa under these conditions are going to be very slim indeed.

I've been looking for info on this kind of visa but the only thing I can find is info on the h-1b. Is this the only post grad visa out there or have I been woefully misinformed.

Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Dan

Comments

Advertisement