Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plant Identification

Options
  • 19-07-2010 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

Can anybody identify this plant,it grew up between my strawberry plants.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Looks like a potato.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

Thanks but its not a potato stalk.Looked every where but cant a similar plant :confused:.It just shot up beside my strawberry plants.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

Possibly a sunflower, but without an elevation shot, hard to tell.

No its not a sunflower.I have sunflower in the garden already.Will see can I get more pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,437 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I agree, I think that is a sunflower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

certainly has the look of a sunflower or sunflower relation..... maybe jerusalem artichoke?

It was a sunflower:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,437 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Thanks for letting us know! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

We get sunflowers popping up all over the garden from the wild bird seed we feed the birds with. Usually we transplant them to a sunny spot and let them grow on :)

Advertisement