Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone - how much notice to cancel?

• 19-07-2010 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

Hi. I want to get rid of Vodafone - the connection is awful and keeps dropping. Couldn't fix it with their support either.

So, I want to get rid of Vodafone and get UPC. Any idea how much notice I need to give?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

A months notice, and if you're within the first years contract you will be subject to early termination fees (although you may be able to get them to waive them if the reason you are canceling is due to substandard service; I don't have any examples of where people managed to waive them though)

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Barack Obama

Thanks Knasher. I've been with BT for years and they changed to Vodafone a few months ago so I take it that doesn't count as a new contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

so I take it that doesn't count as a new contract.

I'm in the same position, I was with BT and when we changed over to Vodafone a number of months ago I spoke with someone in the Vodafone Customer Service department who confirmed that there was no new verbal contract being agreed. Therefore if your pre-existing 12 (or whatever length) month contract with BT is up you should be able to move free of charge.

Advertisement