Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muffin tray question

Options
  • 19-07-2010 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭

Folks,
    I'm baking muffins tonight and I have what might be a bit of a silly question.

I have a muffin tray with six cups.
    Do I need to use paper cups or do I just grease the tray with butter?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

Use the cases, it makes the tray easier to clean and the muffins less likely to break, easier to eat and easier to store.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

I've used the raytex paper cases before and found the colour from the design bleeds into the baked good, so use plain if you can. Otherwise bake them in the cases, as part of the muffin-eating-experience is peeling off the case from just under the top, and you won't get that without baking them in the cases.

Another tip: if you're not baking six at a time (near the end of the mix), half-fill the other empty cups with hot water; this will help keep the muffins moist during baking.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭stmol32

Paper cases it is so,

Thanks a lot for that peeps.

Advertisement