Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Monday Night Soccer (MNS)

• 19-07-2010 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭

Anyone else wish this was moved to a better time slot? Eg: 10, 11 o'clock?

I mean, I watch it every week and feel it has the potential to be a very popular programme, but can't help thinking it would get a lot more people interested in LOI if it wasn't competing with soap operas and ratings grabbers like Nationwide and Scannal. :(

Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭telecaster

the whole idea was to get a prime time slot, the TV3 show used to be on late on Monday nights and everyone complained about how it was tucked away and needed to be on earlier.

You give people what they want and then they want what they already had....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

But the games will be on at 7:30pm on Sky next season.........

istock_can-of-worms.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Sky + or watch it on rte.ie player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I find the MNS time a bit hard because I have to get home from work and if you have kids, it's even harder. I often end up watching in online. I would move it to 8 myself.

I don't have the figures to hand but I heard that it compares favourably to The Premiership. That said, the latter is also on a bad time and I assume a lot of people just watch MOTD instead.

I love a bit more money spent on the coverage too although I'm grateful for the fact we have a highlights show. Apparently even Gilesy watches it. :) The single camera job makes decent games look a little less exciting whereas coverage like Sky do make a lot of poor quality games look exciting.

stovelid wrote: »

I love a bit more money spent on the coverage. The single camera job makes decent games look a little less exciting whereas coverage like Sky do make a lot of poor quality games look exciting.

They have used the pats meeja lads footage a few times, fairly sure they do that for all the clubs ie we provide the footage.

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    pats meeja lads footage

That mad one that does the commentary sometimes...what his name again...? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Sky + or watch it on rte.ie player.
    Sky + is the only way to watch the programme. Too much waffle in between matches. Glad the got rid of dsome of the rubbish such as Karaoke and the 'scratchy' Raiders slots.

Having said that, watching Roddy last week, saying he would ask his keeper to step aside and let in a peno where there was deliberate handball, was football magic

stovelid wrote: »
    That mad one that does the commentary sometimes...what his name again...? :pac:

Nah i meant the real meeja team not us gimps with mics :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

No, Eircom League Weekly *shudder* should teach people that nobody watches it that late..

It should be primetime, but there shouldn't be big games on the same night like Rovers Pats a couple of weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

dfx- wrote: »
    No, Eircom League Weekly *shudder* should teach people that nobody watches it that late..

It should be primetime, but there shouldn't be big games on the same night like Rovers Pats a couple of weeks ag
    o.

not as bad as when the soccer show on RTE back in the day which had league of Irelandf highlights went out every friday night when most LOI fans were all at games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

They should have it on a Sunday night just before the Sunday Game imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

Yeah, sure Con Murphy is used to the graveyard shift by now anyway!

They should have it on a Sunday night just before the Sunday Game imo

Just have it instead of the Sunday Game. ;)

Advertisement