Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malamute losing his under coat.

Options
  • 19-07-2010 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Just needed to tell someone about the amount of hair I have taken off my malamute over the last 3 days. He is losing his undercoat at the min so I am combing him twice a day. In the last 3 days I have filled half a black bin liner. It always shocks me how much hair comes off the malamutes. Just needed to say it to someone lol

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

I remember going to a friend's house once in the summer. She had a Samoyed and there was just hair blowing around like tumbleweeds and a big dustbin full of hair!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Our collie, and she's only a smallish collie, is still loosing undercoat esp. around her back legs. Despite having been groomed by the groomer really well and regular brushing it's never ending so can only imagine how much hair a large dog produces. The Fur-minator tool might work for you, will be investing in one asap myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Padjo1981

Dear god no. I can't hack wool cause it itches like mad. Dog hair would drive me nuts. Funny though ha ha
    peasant wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

I have an entire wheelybin full of Siberian hair at the moment. Wonder if you could sell it? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Padjo1981

It could be an idea for the dragons den. Dog hair collection and sale to jumper manufacturers.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Amzie

lol! I've the same problem with my samoyed at the moment! It feels like its being going on for months! I dunno where all the hair comes out of!! you get bags of hair off him and the next day the same its like magic hair!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

gloobag wrote: »
    I have an entire wheelybin full of Siberian hair at the moment. Wonder if you could sell it? :D

Try ravelry

https://www.ravelry.com/

Seriously!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 benny194

My own Samoyed just blew her undercoat a couple of weeks ago. And she still has her puppy coat as well so it's a constant struggle to keep on top of it!

I'd brush her for a full hour and think that I've gotten all of it and before I know it, there's clumps of white fur floating around the house. Very frustrating. Haha.

My guy is nearly finished his shed. I think we can make 12 husky's with the amount of hair he lost .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭CreedonsDogDayc

they were on to dog groomers for hair to clean up the oil spill in Mexico weren't they?

I have a Siberian, and own a dog daycare centre. you should see the amount of hair I hover up every evening! I could clear up the whole oil spill with one week of daycare hair!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I have a Sibe, a Malamute, and 2 that are a cross of the two, you can picture what my garden looks like when the season changes.

Advertisement