Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

n95 screen died

Options
  • 19-07-2010 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭

The other night i picked up my phone to read a text and the screen went black.

Its still powered, as its that 'glowy' LED black but its showing black nonetheless. I've had it for 2 years so its probably wear and tear but its causing me massive problems as for the last 2 days ive been recieving texts, some of which i actually need to read.

My problem is this, when i connect it to my pc to get Ovi Suite up and running, it keeps saying its not in 'pc suite usb mode'. IIRC, When you plug the usb connection in , you get a little menu up with options on how to connect it to the computer. Obviously with a black screen, i cant see the options - so can anyone tell me how many times i have to press down to select the right option?

Or better, provide a screenshot or something!

For extra credit, anyone know of a way to fix the screen?:P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

Hey, I'm on a mac at the moment so can't connect to PC Suite, but I think it's the second option when you connect. There are only 4 options anyway so you should find out quick enough. You can read your messages from PC Suite. My screen died last year and I got it repaired for free, remember it has a 2 year warranty but sounds like you're just over that! Sounds like it's time for an upgrade, I'm trying to decide between Desire and iPhone 4 at the moment myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

Just checked - PC Suite is actually the first option when you plug your USB in.

Advertisement