Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I get a decent rocking horse ANYWHERE in Cork?

Options
  • 19-07-2010 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

Hi all,

I want to get my godchild a proper rocking horse for her christening, one that will last for generations. I want one of the gliding ones, like in the picture, any ideas where I can get one? Anywhere within an hour(ish) drive from the city.

thanks!

uranus.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Caseys??

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭CreedonsDogDayc

thats a furniture shop, is it? I'll try 'em!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

There is a great old toy shop in Kinsale. They have lots of stuff like old dolls houses, all the basic toys. I cannot for the life of me remember their name I know they are on the same street as giles norman photo shop..I can find out if you like

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

isnt there a toy shop just off academy street on rory gallagher place?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 sallystar

There's a toyshop next to Smyths on Maylor Street that may have them... Haven't been in there in a while but they used to stock wooden toys.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

two shops that I can think of that may help you out are Pinnochios (just off half moon st I think), beside a bookshop called Mainly Murder and near the old Gingerbread House/Amicus.
    The other one is down by Canty's (or one of those side streets, I can never remember this one is which!), sorry, the name escapes me.
    They may be able to source one for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

I think that one is Joyces...They would defo point you in the right direction

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Milly33 wrote: »
    I think that one is Joyces...They would defo point you in the right direction

I didn't want to post because I couldn't think of the name but Milly got it!! Joyce's is brilliant! We just picked up a rocking horse for my boyfriends god daughter about two weeks ago and a beautiful rag doll to go with it. Now we got a really small, soft one that makes horse noises (they have a zebra, donkey, elephant and a few other really cute looking animals!) but I saw two or three gliders in there! Defo check it out because if they don't have the exact one you're looking for they'll defo help you to find it!! :)

Advertisement