Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to grow now?

Options
  • 19-07-2010 1:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Need some advice. Just spent the weekend digging out golden spuds from one of my veggie patches....this was my first attempt and i'm very chuffed with my efforts:D. I've two sacks full of goodness to share with friends and family but now I'm left with an empty vegie patch. Anyone got any ideas what I should grow now that its middle of the summer. I've tomatoes and carrots growing in another patch.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Esto Fidelis

You could try cabbage maybe lettuce they have worked for me in the midlands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭napapa

Thanks. Whats the turn around time on cabbage and lettuce from seeding to harvest?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

You could go for salads (lettuce, scallions, radishes) and winter roots (Parsnip, beets, carrots)

The salads are in the ground for ~1 month

The roots would be in until after the first frost, they get sweeter after the frost hits

Advertisement