If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3D Demo in the Philips Shop - August 5th .....

Options
  • 19-07-2010 1:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks

Now I was almost not going to post this up on Boards...but hey, I've shot myself in the foot the last time by promising a 3D demo so might as well go ahead as I have another foot:)

I MAY have a 3D BR player and a pair of 3D Active Shutter glasses in the store with our rep for and hour or so later on today (he will let me know).

It's an unofficial/impromtu demo - I havent even seen it in action 3D wise yet - he's basically bring it the bits in so I can see it myself but if anyone else is interested and about the town.......

We will run it on the 46PFL8605H in our demo room.

Once I get a time/time frame I'll post up...but it will be short notice and only for an hour!

Fingers crossed...........

Either way I should see the 3D glasses kit (and a 3D BR player) by the end of the month so will have it running constantly then on the 46PFL8605H, should today not happen!

Atb
    Ash

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Guys n' Girls

Well I now have a couple of 3D ready TV's in the shape of the 40 & 46PFL8605H's and even scored a 3D Blu-Ray demo disc from Philips:)

Finally I will be able to put them together with a 3D Blu Ray player and 3D active Shutter Glasses and show them off on Thursday 5th of August.

From 4pm to 7:30pm

at long last...........

So for all those interested in seeing a Philips 3D TV in action, well as before just put you name down below.

No fear of TV being dropped or damaged this time as it hanging on my wall in the demo room already strutting it's stuff in 2D (and looking sweet..)

There will be Hollywood stars, red carpets and flowing champagne on the night*

atb
    Ash

*The last bit is made up..... though I'm sure somewhere in the world a Hollywood star will be on a red carpet drinking champagne, but just not here......

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

would love to see it

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Barry F

Would be very interested in the Demo

If you want to go the whole 3D hog you may want to consider this Philips Blu-Ray player the BDP7500B2

This player replaces the popular BDP7500 - but as you'll see from the specs, has a couple of extra niceties on board such as being a Full HD 3D Ready player it also has NET TV built in....(8605H viewers already have that feature built into the TV but it will be great for those out there who's TV isn't NET TV enabled)

Check it out here
    http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/b/bdp7500b2_12/bdp7500b2_12_pss_eng.pdf

This should be with us in a couple of weeks and will sell at €249.99.

Just a teaser:)

cheers
    Ash

Hi Folks

Next Thursday the 5th August I'll have one of the Philips reps instore from 4pm until about 7:30pm that evening to demo the new Philips 46PFL8605H 3D TV.

Not too sure how many pairs of glasses well be able to get our hands on, at least 2 pairs so we can all share;)

So providing no one drops the Blu-Ray player or sits on the glasses in the warehouse we will be good to go! (I have the TV safe and sound on the wall so thats going to be ok...)

all those interest pop your name down below and come along!

Look forward to seeing you all in 3D this Thursday
    Ash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

Hey Ash

I'll be there

Will there be cocktail sausages and coke?

Hey Hick

Gez i've only just had breakfast recently and the thought of cocktail sausages (dipped in brown sauce) is making me hungry again.....

see you Thursday

cheers
    Ash

Hi all

Dont forget, if you have a little time to kill, why not call into us between 4pm and 7:30pm tomorrow and be amougst the first to see the Philips 46PFL8605H 3D demo.

Plus you can check out some of our other juicy TV's whilst your here:D

See ya all tomorrow

Cheers
    Ash

Hi Folks

I've managed to keep hold of the 3D BR player and two pairs of glasses for the weekend :D (HOPEFULLY Philips dont need it tomorrow and wont scoop it back up Friday...fingers crossed)
    but I will have to give them back on Monday morning:(

So if anyone feels like popping in to have a 3D looksee your welcome.

cheers
    Ash

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.