Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going to a wedding in Cabra Castle, Any public transport?

Options
  • 19-07-2010 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭

Hopefully sombody can give me a bit of advice, I'm going to a wedding in Cabra Castle (Kingscourt). But I'm hoping to tet home by public transport (I have a lift down there) so I'm wondering if this is in any way possible? Is there a nearby train station with a taxi link up or a nearby Bus Eireann stop from which I can get a bus back to dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭baalthor

The nearest train station is in Dundalk!

The best public transport is from Carrickmacross - there are frequent busses to Dublin, you would need a taxi from Cabra to Carrick, it's around 3 miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭conorhal

baalthor wrote: »
    The nearest train station is in Dundalk!

The best public transport is from Carrickmacross - there are frequent busses to Dublin, you would need a taxi from Cabra to Carrick, it's around 3 miles.

Thanks for that baalthor, a short taxi ride to Carrickmacross and a bus home sounds like the ticket ! I'll check bus eireann for a timetable!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Your going to have to stay over night. You may catch a bus early in the morning like a 4am Airport service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

conorhal wrote: »
    Thanks for that baalthor, a short taxi ride to Carrickmacross and a bus home sounds like the ticket ! I'll check bus eireann for a timetable!

Also check out Collins Bus - they run a very good service from Carrickmacross to Dublin. http://www.collinscoaches.ie/

Also Sillian Tours who run a very good service from Kingscourt - Dublin.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Here is Sillan Tours website should you need it: http://www.sillan.ie/

They don't run as frequently as Collins' but it won't cost as much to get a taxi from Cabra Castle to Kingscourt as its only a mile or two out of the town.

• Advertisement
Advertisement