Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bodysurfing

Options
  • 19-07-2010 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone here does a bit of body surfing? I have really gotten into it in recent years and it's a right ole laugh. I was wondering if anyone would know of anywhere decent for it around the south coast?

Also I had an idea of modifying an old wetsuit of mine for it - i was thinking of inserting a plastic chest plate into the front of the suit and having two fins come out of the chest. I was thinking it would allow for more control on the waves and possibly make it easier to catch them. Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

some_dose wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone here does a bit of body surfing? I have really gotten into it in recent years and it's a right ole laugh. I was wondering if anyone would know of anywhere decent for it around the south coast?

Also I had an idea of modifying an old wetsuit of mine for it - i was thinking of inserting a plastic chest plate into the front of the suit and having two fins come out of the chest. I was thinking it would allow for more control on the waves and possibly make it easier to catch them. Thoughts?
    http://www.originalsurfboards.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

some_dose wrote: »
    Thoughts?

Are you looking for someone to ride you? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Guess your on the wrong forum for that

laugh.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭paudie

I'd say that's going over the top a bit.

A pair of flippers is a must and maybe one of those handboards, but the more complicated you make it the less you'ff have I reckon.

Castlefreke inside on the shore dump is great craic at high tide.
    Drop in then slam, but what more do you want from a body wave?

Advertisement