Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about Student Services/Registration Fee

Options
  • 19-07-2010 3:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

I am going to college for the first time in September as a mature student and I am just wondering if I will have to pay the above?

I am going for BTEA.

Any information would be gratefully appreciated :)

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭smilerxxx

Hi ya,

With BTEA you cannot receive the mainentence grant, as in the 3 payments throughout the year. However you are entitled to apply for the grant to cover your registration fee's So download your grant application at studentfinance.ie, or pick one up from your local authority. You will need SW statements etc, so get onto them as they take FOREVER. But all the information needed to fill out the application is available on the website above to guide you through the process. Hope this helps

The most important thing is, you ARE ENTITLED TO HAVE THESE FEES PAID

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Generation Terrorist

Really appreciate your feedback.

Just filled out my BTEA forms, and will get the Grant forms sorted ASAP :)

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,109 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Im not a mature student (just did LC) but willl get BTEA. Can I get these fees paid without my parents income being looked at?

If your under 23 any grant application will be determined by your parents income, if they have a combined income under 51-52k (not sure of the exact amount-check www.studentfinance.ie) you will get your reg fee's paid. If they go over that amount i'm afriad your on your own there. But look at it this way, BTEA is fantastic, I may get nothing whatsoever.

One more question

I've filled out the 16 page grant application form, so now where do I send it or who do I give it to?

Cheers

(Also, will they have it on their records about my current social welfare situation?)

• Advertisement

Hi ya,

If your going to a university its your county council, if your going to an institute of technology your need to apply to your local VEC. Your local means the address you resided in, in 2009.

Check www.studentfinance.ie to double check everything. They tell you exactly where to send the forms.

They will not have records of your SW situation so you will need all your statements from them, so get on to them ASAP as they can take forever.
    I don't know exactly what forms are needed as I didn't have any SW beneifts, but the grant guidelines (that is a document on studentfinance) tell you what forms are needed.

Hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭sassypsych

Generation Terrorist you need to get in contact with the Department that you get you social welfare payment from and request a statement of benefit for 2009 to show any welfare you received during 2009.

If you are on jobseekers you can usually get one from your social welfare officve and they do them pretty quick. If you are waiting from another department you may have to wait longer so get on to them now. You can also order them online for some benefits from the welfare.ie website.

You don't need anything to show what you are earning right now unless your situation has drasticallky changed from 2009 till now and you are claiming exceptional circumstances.

Cheers for the heads up lads.

Got my letter from the social this morning stating what type of benefit I'm on, when it commenced and how much it paid in 2009.

What I need to know is do I need any documents like P60 or P45 considering I only worked 2 months in 2009 and spent the remaining 10 on Jobseekers Benfit?

Much obliged :)

I'd imagine that you have to hand in the P60 and P45 as well. I can't be certain. Maybe ring the grants department?

You can't do any harm by sending those in, and they are so particular best give them too much info rather than too little. That would be my advice anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭*Hank Scorpio*

ryanf1 wrote: »
    Im not a mature student (just did LC) but willl get BTEA. Can I get these fees paid without my parents income being looked at?

How are you getting BTEA if you just did your LC?

• Advertisement

How are you getting BTEA if you just did your LC?
    I get DA so that means that when i go to college i get BTEA

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

ryanf1 wrote: »
    I get DA so that means that when i go to college i get BTEA

What is DA ?

redout wrote: »
    What is DA ?
    DA= Disability Allowance.

Advertisement