Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Train journey question

Options
  • 19-07-2010 3:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

I was trying to find a transport thread but haven't been able to locate it so apologies if the moderators have to move this message.

Train travel. I would like to take a train from Dublin to Cork at the end of July and am looking for the cheapest possible fare, which is 20 euro according to the Iarnroid Eireann site.

http://www.irishrail.ie/your_journey/timetables_junction1.asp

Now, I'm a little suprised because I always thought the fare was €32.50.

I haven't reserved the ticket yet but I want to get the cheapest possible price so this is good news.
    Can someone just please confirm that the lowest rate is €20 or is there a way of picking up an even cheaper fare?

Sorry for being so clueless but I rarely take the train...

Second question: Do I have to know my travel time? I don't know yet whether I will be travelling in morning or evening.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭masadjie

If you travel one way from Dublin to Cork, the cheapest price is 10 euro. But you have to travel at 2 pm or 9 pm. Note: you will get this price only if you buy the ticket online.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭LeNNoX

ciaobellaciao1,

I've travelled up to Dublin & back to Cork a few times on this fare (€10 each way). The €10 fair usually applies to the off peak times off super early, mid morning & late evening and includes seat reservation.

I don't think you can get this fare at the station, believe its an online fare only.
    Also, I've always booked a day or 2 in advance.

Happy travels,
    LeNNoX

Advertisement