Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Playing .avi files on 360

• 19-07-2010 3:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭

Since having my console repaired from the red ring of death, I have to connect to xbox live every time I want to play a .avi to get the codec.

Is there anyway to force the download from xbox live so that I don't have to do this?

I think that they when they initially made .avi playback avaiable that you could do this...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

You could try putting the update on a flash drive and updating the xbox
    http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/console/systemupdates.htm

Or if you have Windows Media Center you can stream the .avi's to the Xbox over your home network

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

You can either create a new silver gamertag, then download the update and it will stay in it, or you can do a "licence transfer tool" and transfer over the licences for your old console to your new console.... (beware can only be done once a year if your thinkin of buying the slim!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

Thanks for both replies, but should the update not be on the hard-drive?

BraveDonut wrote: »
    Thanks for both replies, but should the update not be on the hard-drive?

It should, but its a DRM issue your having unfortunately, not the actual content on the hardrive, if you have any previously purchased arcade games you will see that they dont play when offline either, they are listed as trials....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

oh - okay.

I might hold off as I haven't decided on whether or not I will upgrade to the new console

• Advertisement

BraveDonut wrote: »
    oh - okay.

I might hold off as I haven't decided on whether or not I will upgrade to the new console

In that case create a silver account and download the update....

;)

The only reason I know this stuff is ive been through 3 xboxes since 05!

Advertisement