Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Goldfish attack other fish

• 19-07-2010 3:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭

Hi

I started out with two fish and made my way to six, but one of the new additions is a twat she keeps attacking the other fish. She started attacking one fish who died.

I know that they attack other sick fish but there was nothing wrong with this one until she started. Now one of my black moores is on his way out too. He is a fairly big chap and had no signs of descaling or anything she just started and I wasnt too sure if she was being a twat so left them in the same bowl and the next morning she had destroyed him (very close to flushing her) why do they do this. Is it best just to get rid of her...He isnt looking the best mind you he ate today and that and is still going he just doesnt look to well, would anyone know if there is anything I can do to help him along...Sounds sad but I like my fish hate seeing them die...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

If the new addition is attacking the existing fish , take it back to the shop straight away. Dont wait for it to do more damage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

Well she isnt really new new.I had two goldfish and a blackmoore..Then I got a bigger tank and her..She attacked one of the other goldfish which had lost a few scales but he didnt look like he would die..So I left her off..But then she just started on the moore at the weekend (would have been two months since she done it to the other fish) I seperated her and the other goldfish, The moore seems to be recovering but his poor fins as wrecked..Sorted her out anywho I just brought her up to my parents fish pond which is to be her new home...All i have to try to do is get the moore back to health fingers crossed..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

You done the right thing , hope your moore recovers :)

Advertisement