Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MBA Tax breaks

Options
  • 19-07-2010 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭

Thinking of starting the UCD Executive MBA next month. That's €7,500k in '10, €15,000k in '11 and €7,500k in '12. Am I right in saying that I can only claim up to €1,000k as a tax reclaim (20% of the €5,000k ceiling) in any one year ? €3k out of €30k doesn't make it cheap by any stretch.

(anyone with experience, thoughts on the UCD MBA, feel free to add).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Yes, I just completed an Exec MSc in Smurfit, and thats all I was able to recover from Revenue

There are a lot of competitions are scholarships running for the MBA this year, you should try some of those.

You could also have a look at some of the MSc courses they are cheaper and some cover the same material

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Rusty Cogs 08

A year later and it's time to start claiming tax back. Revenue's leaflet IT 31a seems to be the correct form but it seems to cover academic years rather than calendar years. i.e. you can only claim for 2010/11 & 2011/12 rather than 2010 & 2011 & 2012. Bottom line, you can only claim back up to two €1,000- rather than three €1,000.

Has anyone claimed against three calendar years for a two year academic course, if so, how ?

Thanks

Advertisement