Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whaddya Think :)?

• 19-07-2010 3:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭

Hey all!

Just wrote a quick poem there in the last few mins, obviously needs work and that but would like yer opinions! Would also like people to try and guess what was going through my head as I wrote:D!

<No Name>

And as I sit on top of China I notice the little things.
    Venus stares at me, a reminder of the day all Fusion crumbled.
    The brushes are odd now, only three survive
    and they look for cover, of which there is much.
    Not even this is age defying.
    The cotton is neat now, untouched, not needed;
    Fruity scents escape like I cannot.
    French water smells like a spinster.
    The tiles that time forgot
    refuse to age in vein; yet, step back to a time
    when man was there, he reigned.
    Now the only rain is from a hose
    and it tries to wash away the pain;
    The pain which it only knows.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 82 ✭✭Black Heart

Interesting poem. Has someone left you? Moved out of home? I get that from the words, but I'm probably way off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

Interesting poem. Has someone left you? Moved out of home? I get that from the words, but I'm probably way off.

Thats dead on! Its actually about sitting in the bathroom and noticing that a man's touch in there is missing, the 'cover' i write of is make up, the scents are of perfume rather than cologne, the towels are neat because the man isnt messing them up! Its about my father leaving the house really!

I like it, it's a nice poem. I had the feeling that the cotton referred to a man, but I was puzzled by the reference to brushes. Are they shaving brushes? Paint brushes? Sorry, my curiosity has been piqued.

I must be stupid, they're shaving brushes, right? Not many men leave their paint brushes in the bathroom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

I like it, it's a nice poem. I had the feeling that the cotton referred to a man, but I was puzzled by the reference to brushes. Are they shaving brushes? Paint brushes? Sorry, my curiosity has been piqued.

I must be stupid, they're shaving brushes, right? Not many men leave their paint brushes in the bathroom.

Actually, the brushes are tooth brushes:)!

:eek: Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking there. :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement