Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limbo

Options
  • 19-07-2010 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭

This game looks awesome. Eurogamer gave it 9/10

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/limbo-review

Anybody lookin for a good deal on XBLA points, argos are selling them cheap. No excuses not to pick up the game :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭-=al=-

watched that vid, seemed all good then got a pretty big fright when the thing stabbed em! looks interesting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Was looking forward to it until I heard that it's a 3 hour game :eek:

Mind you those could be some good 3 hours but still .....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I won a free code off Major Nelson :D, very creepy game, I think it would sell a lot more at 800 points tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

ShaneU wrote: »
    I won a free code off Major Nelson :D, very creepy game, I think it would sell a lot more at 800 points tbh.
    Hah, that was you? Congrats/Bastard! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

ShaneU wrote: »
    Nice!

I can't wait to delve in, hope it does well.
    calex71 wrote: »
    Was looking forward to it until I heard that it's a 3 hour game :eek:

Mind you those could be some good 3 hours but still .....
    5/6 is a better estimate, that GTTV reviewer must have been reading solutions or something.
    Also: Portal/Braid - Both short but great games, well worth their price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Think ill be getting this game, watched the ign review...some cruel ways to die!;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

Can't wait for this it looks brilliant.

What times it released at?

celtic723 wrote: »
    Can't wait for this it looks brilliant.

What times it released at?

Don't expect it before 12pm or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

HOW MUCH IS IT? please dont say 1200 cos i wont pay 1200 for any arcade game:(

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Sorry Ray... its 1200.

• Advertisement

Why won't you pay a tenner for a game? Not even Castle Crashers or Shadow Complex? :confused:

Yeah, why not?

Ah I can can see where he's coming from that much for a game you finish in a day or 3-6 hours is steep, it's down to replay value for me as to whether it's worth 1200 imo.

/grumbles and goes to argos for more cheap points

i was gona pick up some points too! less than 20eu for 2100 points or something

i reserved one of those charger stands for 2 controllers with 2 batteries... 12..90 for 2 batteries and the charger stand seems pretty good... ive 4 controllers and only 2 rechargable batteries so this shud be a delightful purchase to entail

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

i find it hard to pay 1200 points for a game that has a short gameplay life, maybe brilliant ok ok but if u dont like it your stuck with it!

defo think 800 is enough for any of the Arcade titles maybe im being miserable but meh i have the middle name grinch lol

and yes of course im getting it even if it is 1200 it looks class

grumbles with anger.................... lol

i find it hard to pay 1200 points for a game that has a short gameplay life, maybe brilliant ok ok but if u dont like it your stuck with it!

defo think 800 is enough for any of the Arcade titles maybe im being miserable but meh i have the middle name grinch lol

and yes of course im getting it even if it is 1200 it looks class

grumbles with anger.................... lol
    But what about huge time sink 1200point Live Arcade games like
    -Trials HD
    -BF1943
    -Darwinia+
    -Marvel vs. Capcom 2
    -Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
    -Puzzle Quest 2
    -Zeno Clash: Ultimate Edition

Some of them are practically full retail games for €14 (1200 Points).

Plus, as I said in another thread...
    Portal offered the same amount of gameplay for the same price. Was that worth it? Hell yes.

The average length of a game these days is ~10hrs. The average price of a game is €50. That works out as €5 per hour. Multiply that by 3 and you have €15, €5 more expensive than Limbo. On top of that, Limbo is 3hrs of focused, fantastic gameplay, not 10hrs of varying quality as is found in many games.

So all in all, is 1200pts for 3hrs of Limbo worth it? **** yes it is.
    :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

Still not up yet.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

its not going to be up until the marketplace gets updated which won't be until sometime between 10am-12pm, not exactly sure when it happens.

It is now @ 10:32am :)

Enjoying it so far, you really need to pay attention to it as you move along for things that will mame you, it's quite eerie too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Was going to skip it as it looked like Braid to me which I didn't like at all :eek: (/Guards Face)...

Looking forward to this now though after watching the gametrailers review...hopefully get this later, apparently its very short and an 800msp price tag would be more suitable as its not going to be a big time sink.

CKWPORT wrote: »
    Was going to skip it as it looked like Braid to me which I didn't like at all :eek: (/Guards Face)...

Looking forward to this now though after watching the gametrailers review...hopefully get this later, apparently its very short and an 800msp price tag would be more suitable as its not going to be a big time sink.

I wasn't big on Braid either, this isn't very like it at all. Puzzles not that taxing yet though as I say you need to really watch the envoinment, looks like the achievement for
    finishing in 5 hours with less than 5 deaths
    could be tricky

I must have jumped out of my skin 10 times already :eek:

Theres one bit with a spiderweb early on that made my skin crawl, can see why this is 18's . It would make little kids cry :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

calex71 wrote: »
    I wasn't big on Braid either, this isn't very like it at all. Puzzles not that taxing yet though as I say you need to really watch the environment

Cool, they said there is a lack of precision platforming which will suit me, I thought it was just Braid in black and white until I watched the review.

CKWPORT wrote: »
    Cool, they said there is a lack of precision platforming which will suit me, I thought it was just Braid in black and white until I watched the review.

Try the demo, is always the best bet with these arcade games.

I'm giving it a break at the minute after another gruesome spider bit :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,478 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Wow this game is fantastic.

Another step forward for the 'art game' after Braid. I've only played for around half an hour so far, and am not going to play again until late at night when everyone else is in bed so no interruptions.

The atmosphere totally gets under your skin, a creepy, truly disturbing world. The graphics are extremely effective, the dark world with only the occasional flash of light perfectly suiting the sense of constantly creeping dread and danger.

Mostly, this feels like a game where death matters, like Demons Souls I guess. There may be instant restarts, but this is a truly dangerous place. The graphic, shocking and surprise of death hit home and hard. This is a world that is very much threatening and hostile.

There are only movement controls and two buttons (jump and action) but there have already been a number of clever and effective puzzles. I'm currently at the part with two ropes and a set of gears, which is a little fidgety though. However, a number of puzzles have been extremely smart and rewarding.

It's the atmosphere though that has my excited to return to Limbo. It places you in a disturbing world, with only your wits to defend you from the hostile environment. It's a game that feels dangerous and risky, and that's a hell of a change from the norm.

You hit the nail on the head there Johnny , REWARDING sums this up perfectly.

It's not hard enough to make you want to throw the controller at the wall, but there was more than one occasion where I was sat here scratching my head, and chuffed when I got it or when I figured something out 1st time making me feel all clever :D The deaths and the other stuff going on in the enviornment is excellent, the restarts are very fair too after death, which helps eliminate frustration big time I'd say.

oh the bit with the half dead spider early on :eek:

Edit : Seems to be selling well, loads of folks on my friends list playing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Just starting to play through it now.. its a fantastic looking games and the lack of music only adds to the atmosphere, its definite eerie. But with all the talk of spiders I'm taking it very slowly

i seen the first spider incident on a clip, kinda jumped a bit at it since you don't really expect it, same with those bear traps! looks interesting though

is it just to download or is there a physical disc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Just finished it there and it is a brilliant game. The end comes out of nowhere.

I don't think it's worth the 1200 point price tag though. I'll go back to find the little hidden things but I won't be trying to complete it in 1 sitting with only 5 deaths. I will show it off to friends when they come over but I think it's much more suited to an 800 point range.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

-=al=- wrote: »
    i seen the first spider incident on a clip, kinda jumped a bit at it since you don't really expect it, same with those bear traps! looks interesting though

is it just to download or is there a physical disc?

This was my only real concern with the demo, it seems to rely on trial and error too much. Still, it's a fantastic looking game.

Advertisement