Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limbo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Yeah it did seem like that a bit unless your super tentative and expect absolutely everything, which pretty much isn't gona happen!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

Love this game. Absolutely brilliant and well worth the 1200MSP.

I'm stuck at the moment and haven't a clue what to do.

I'm at the bit where there's an elevator with arrows up and down and you have to like get a box across a seesaw so you can jump up and grab the rope to move on.

Anyone know what to do here. It's clearly quite obvious but the obvious is something i always miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

celtic723 wrote: »
    Love this game. Absolutely brilliant and well worth the 1200MSP.

I'm stuck at the moment and haven't a clue what to do.

I'm at the bit where there's an elevator with arrows up and down and you have to like get a box across a seesaw so you can jump up and grab the rope to move on.

Anyone know what to do here. It's clearly quite obvious but the obvious is something i always miss.
    Look at the lift going up and down, it has a handle on it's side.

rizzla wrote: »
    Look at the lift going up and down, it has a handle on it's side.

And what do i do with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

celtic723 wrote: »
    And what do i do with it?

C'mon, I don't wanna tell ye. Takes all the fun out of it but if you must know...
    Move the lift up, then down. As it's moving down grab the platform an drag it across so it rest's on part of the see-saw so you can move the box up no problem.

• Advertisement

C'mon, I don't wanna tell ye. Takes all the fun out of it but if you must know...
    Move the lift up, then down. As it's moving down grab the platform an drag it across so it rest's on part of the see-saw so you can move the box up no problem.
    Cheers i knew there was a handle on the elevator but i didn't know if it could be pulled over that far.

I was on the right track.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Daniel2oo9

Whats the Plot of this Game?

Daniel2oo9 wrote: »
    Whats the Plot of this Game?

Guys sister goes missing or something like that.

He enters LIMBO to try and find her basically.

Youtube it.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Daniel2oo9

Is it a kind of a Horror?

Daniel2oo9 wrote: »
    Is it a kind of a Horror?

Yep it's fantastic. I'd thoroughly recommend it.

It's in black & white and it's one of the best games i've played.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

That one took me a few minutes to work out, man was I chuffed when I got it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

It's not really a "horror"....more like a very subtle horror. The atmosphere and art style make it. There's definitely some very freaky bits, but nothing that'll jump out at you. It's actually exactly the kind of horror I like! :pac:

I'm enjoying it a lot, but not sure if it was worth 1200 points. I'm near the end atm but stuck on a bit I can't honestly see a solution to. Wrecking my head.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,478 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah it's the best kind of horror, if you want to call it that: creeping dread, atmospheric and psychological. It definitely stands on its own as a puzzle game though - there are indeed pretty epic, brain twisting bits here. Like the best ones though, they're never too hard to be frustrating.

Now 69% complete (according to the leaderboards!) and had to turn it off to leave some from tomorrow. I'd say 2 and a half to three hours seems like the playtime. For me, it is worth the money, but I'm a big fan of imaginative indie games like this and like to support the developers. It's like four euro per hours play, which isn't the best ratio, but like Portal, this is a game to be savoured while it lasts, and the experience rather than raw minutes per euro is what makes it worth the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Got the demo earlier and loved it! Definitely going to pick it up when I have a bit of spare cash for MS points :)

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Such a fantastic game. I love/freak out when I die unexpectedly, it's so painfully gruesome.
    I think it's the squelchy sounds of his body being crushed/ripped apart more than anything.
    Cannot recommend it enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

This game is brilliant.

Only played a little bit last night, well 31% to be exact. Its class, the puzzles are brilliant, they turn out to be so simple in the end, even though it took me 5 or 10 deaths to figure out what to do.

Stuck at this bit and turned it off as it was late:
    The white worm thing is stuck to my head and keeps making me walk to the left and die in the water, I tried pinning myself behind a box trapping the the thing in the light and it makes a sizzling noise, but that didn't work to burn it off, how do you get past this bit?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I played the demo last night, and there certainly is a lot to like about it. Not going to buy it till it drops to 800 points though (which it obviously will). A couple of people on here have said that it's great, but perhaps not worth the 1200 points. If I was in a gaming drought I'd probably get it immediately, but I'm still in Mexico in RDR, and have countless other unfinished games, so this can wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Great game!! Stuck at the part where you have to pull down the 2 ropes to lift the 2 weights on the other side. Can't figure out what I need to do with the cart?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Scratch that. Got it.

• Advertisement

CKWPORT wrote: »
    This game is brilliant.

Only played a little bit last night, well 31% to be exact. Its class, the puzzles are brilliant, they turn out to be so simple in the end, even though it took me 5 or 10 deaths to figure out what to do.

Stuck at this bit and turned it off as it was late:
    The white worm thing is stuck to my head and keeps making me walk to the left and die in the water, I tried pinning myself behind a box trapping the the thing in the light and it makes a sizzling noise, but that didn't work to burn it off, how do you get past this bit?

Ah took me more than one or 10 goes to get that one :D
    push the box as far left as it will go and jump up to the left on it anf jump left again to the next platform, when you get to the light it will burn the worm turning you around to head right

At least I think thats the bit you are talking about :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Thats the bit alrite.

Do we have our lefts and rights mixed up tho?
    When the worm gets burnt it sends me back to the left towards the water, so before I get burnt and go left I need to try jump over the box and over the rock to the right, will try again after work, it was a pain cause I think as soon as I hit the light he goes back the opposite direction, couldn't make that jump last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

hi, at the very start of the game how do u use the box to get across the water i have tried everything lol oh the shame lol

hi, at the very start of the game how do u use the box to get across the water i have tried everything lol oh the shame lol

You don't ;) try moving it <
    that way (to the left)

Having all sorts of timing issues with a mining cart and electricity later in the game, I know what to do I'm just not being quick enough

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

hehe, I died about ten times there and gave up in frustration
    you have to pull the box to the left, there is a rope a very short distance away and you hop up on the box and climb up

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Drag it back to the left and climb up the rope. Took my a few goes too. The Spider took me about 10 goes to cop it, then another 15 goes to actually get past it.

oh my dear the gaming shame lol

hanging head now lol

thanks guys what a waste of 30 minutes that was lol

jesus uys this is a great game cant believe it. its so atmospheric brilliantly thought up and sdesigned to the whole black white thing is class well wort the 1200 points:pac:

I'm in the last quarter, Is it fair to say the 2nd half is not as good as the 1st, in terms of atmosphere? The puzzles are more elaborate but the atmosphere is gone :(

• Advertisement

calex71 wrote: »
    I'm in the last quarter, Is it fair to say the 2nd half is not as good as the 1st, in terms of atmosphere? The puzzles are more elaborate but the atmosphere is gone :(
    thats a shame. jesus nearly gave up on it with the box and water right at the start lol but loving it now!!

Advertisement