Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limbo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Finished the game. Am searching for the eggs now. Each egg gives 1% extra completion (as well as some of them giving gamer points). It's quite funny reading about them online. 4 people have 108% on the Leaderboard and wont tell anyone where they got the extra egg heh. That's the only one discovered people don't know about. Wonder how many there are in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

This games great, only got around to playing it now. I dont know why but for some reason it reminds me of the first game i owned. "alex the kidd in miracle world" dont ask me why, it could be a sequel "alex the kidd in hell"

05-Title-Screen.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I'm downloading it now as i type here, suprised how small in size it is, picked up some points today after trading in my transfer cable, just had to get rid of it... prob get the assassins creed add ons too, havnt gotten points in ages

lights off and terrifying spiders for me later

edit: it's fcking unbeleivable! slightly grusome yet sinister or something just has an errie vibe off of it, love the way you get the odd shock and fright....great unique kinda game

I almost didn't fall for the bit where the big industrial type preasure things comes down, died the first time then made it the second time... then when it came to the next squisher thing i thought, it cant be the same thats to easy... found out the hard way, then the 3 blow dart guys chase ya and you have to remember the pattern backwards, genius!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,478 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Boo, was scratching my head for ages last night on the
    'magnet, slope and two crates' puzzles,
    and eventually had to consult google. I feel dirty :( On the plus side, I had some creative decisions that, while impossible in practice, were at least more unnecessarily complicated than the eventual solution :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Boo, was scratching my head for ages last night on the
    'magnet, slope and two crates' puzzles,
    and eventually had to consult google. I feel dirty :( On the plus side, I had some creative decisions that, while impossible in practice, were at least more unnecessarily complicated than the eventual solution :pac:

I had to do the same on that one , would have got it had I looked at the envionment more closely :(

Were you trying to catch one box on top off the other one aswell?

• Advertisement

also had to google it, but i done so without spoling any other puzzle, i for stuck for a good hour and felt like a douche getting help... wudnt mind but i tried so hard to figure it out =/ ill have it finished later on looking forward to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Dr.Slurm

Usually when I hear a game is a certain length, I treble that time to get the time it'll take me to finish it, but Limbo really is that short. And it's not particularly difficult as puzzle games go either.

It is, however, a beautiful, thought-provoking game that I wouldn't hesitate to spend that much money on. If only the second half was as atmospheric and creative as the first.

Still, I love how the ending is
    open to interpretation. It really makes you think and it gives a lot of significance to what you've gone through in the game, depending on how you interpret it. I am guessing the boy and his sister both died somehow and he was searching for her in this limbo, or something or nothing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,478 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

calex71 wrote: »
    I had to do the same on that one , would have got it had I looked at the envionment more closely :(

I guessed it had something to do with the slope, but I kept trying to force one of them down it and then knock the other forward past the 'upper' slope using the momentum it gathered from falling down the hill. I was thinking way too complicated :pac:

And yeah, I spent plenty of time stacking the two boxes and looking puzzledly at the screen!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,324 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

So what's the verdict? Worth it or not?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

calex71 wrote: »

I was at this bit tonight and spent ages trying to do it.

I tried to catch one on the other but it kept falling off.

How the **** do you do it? Tell me in a spoiler it's wrecking my head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

So what's the verdict? Worth it or not?
    hey my advice would be pick this up its a great game for 1200 ms points i guarantee you will enjoy it:)

definitly worth it, almost finished it im at the gravity bits, got stumped on one bit for yonks, then the next one for a short time, everything you learn is used in someway and just use some intuition, nearly everything is there for a reason!

looking forward to playing it again later

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Stuck again!!!!

Any care to help?
    The 1st gravity bit with the two boxes, I have to get at least one up to the left to grab a ladder

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Never mind.
    Got it.:rolleyes:

i got stuck on that one for about an hour, you feel like an idiot when you realise how simple it is, but when you get stuff first time its prety satisfying

celtic723 wrote: »
    I was at this bit tonight and spent ages trying to do it.

I tried to catch one on the other but it kept falling off.

How the **** do you do it? Tell me in a spoiler it's wrecking my head.
    Push one box up to the top of the slope, and let it slide down.
    You'll probably figure out the rest from there!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Limbo is class, best thing ive seen on xbl

so how many hours is it taking people to complete the game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Haggis The Dog

Thinking of picking this up today, likethe excitement its causing amongst you all and want a piece of the action

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

For me its up there with Braid, although the puzzles in Braid are a bit more challenging, the looks and feel to Limbo is amazing. And i'm only half way through :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Help ???
    can anyone help ill try to describe the bit im stuck on. I have 2 boxes on a ledge down below, if i stand on the button it turns off the gravity and they both float up over a sloped ledge that has a ladder at the top of it. When the gravity comes back on they drop onto the sloped ledge and slide down. Now i am assuming that i need to hold one below so i can use it to climb up to the sloped ledge and let one float up onto the ledge then jump up quickly and stop it dropping down from the higher sloped ledge and push it back up to the ladder. The problem is it slides down from the ledge above before i have time to do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Help ???
    can anyone help ill try to describe the bit im stuck on. I have 2 boxes on a ledge down below, if i stand on the button it turns off the gravity and they both float up over a sloped ledge that has a ladder at the top of it. When the gravity comes back on they drop onto the sloped ledge and slide down. Now i am assuming that i need to hold one below so i can use it to climb up to the sloped ledge and let one float up onto the ledge then jump up quickly and stop it dropping down from the higher sloped ledge and push it back up to the ladder. The problem is it slides down from the ledge above before i have time to do anything.
    Place one box to the very left so you can use it to jump up to the higher ledge. Now get the other box and push it all the way up the slope on the right (past the button). Let go and run back down the slope, jump over the button, go up the first box onto the higher ledge. Then wait for the sliding box on the right to hit the button and the box you used to climb will slide up the ceiling. Grab it when it drops and then use it to get to the higher part

Legend Jim !!

Its so easy once you know what to do i was at controller out the window stage trying to do this one. :D

Finished this last night. Ambiguous arty endings ftw :p Some of the last puzzles are tough cookies to crack.

I think I got a 'hidden' worm (i.e. a non achievement one). It took me ****ing ages to get, and it requires a serious amount of careful item placement and luck.
    It's the one during the major gravity puzzle, in which you get the two crates on top of each other, and pull them over the roof to the area where you got the second box. Takes a lot of effort, because you have to be really careful and get behind the boxes before you start pulling them over, otherwise they'll just collapse when you try to climb them. Worm is hidden in the corner of the crate room with the two pipes.
    Was surprised when the achievement chime didn't ring, took me the best part of an hour to, well, achieve!

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SeanyMc22

Finished this last night. Ambiguous arty endings ftw :p Some of the last puzzles are tough cookies to crack.

I think I got a 'hidden' worm (i.e. a non achievement one). It took me ****ing ages to get, and it requires a serious amount of careful item placement and luck.
    It's the one during the major gravity puzzle, in which you get the two crates on top of each other, and pull them over the roof to the area where you got the second box. Takes a lot of effort, because you have to be really careful and get behind the boxes before you start pulling them over, otherwise they'll just collapse when you try to climb them. Worm is hidden in the corner of the crate room with the two pipes.
    Was surprised when the achievement chime didn't ring, took me the best part of an hour to, well, achieve!

I got this by a total fluke, didn't even know about it! Was finishing off the game earlier tonight and next of all I came across this and also got the going up achievement by accident. Its driven me on to get all the achievements just 3 more to go but I'll have to save the No Point in Dying one for another day tho.

Only realised i could have been listening to my own music while playing too made the end of the game all that much better. A tad short for 1200points i finished it in one night. I was just thinking it was about to get really good then the credits popped up.

The slow motion at the end with Badly drawn boys I love NYC as the back ground music matching it by sheer coincidence Ahhhh perfect ! :)

just finished it again there in about 2 hours maybe, you can really fly through it when you know what to do, got all the acievements... well apart from the only dying 5 times and finishing the game... imagine having 1 life left on the very last puzzle bit!

terrifying

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SeanyMc22

-=al=- wrote: »
    just finished it again there in about 2 hours maybe, you can really fly through it when you know what to do, got all the acievements... well apart from the only dying 5 times and finishing the game... imagine having 1 life left on the very last puzzle bit!

terrifying

Yeh went on to get them all myself except for that one. Defo worth the 1200 considering I'm excited to play through it again. Its just a shame the soundscape/atmosphere dies down in the second half.
    Kinda reminds me of Sonic in a way that I'll pop back to it every now and then.

yeah it is, the first half is great, i get kinda bored in the industrial bits, especially the gravity ones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Finished it last night:
    So how do people interpret the ending? It seems pretty damn grim to me.
    When he approaches it's not exactly in a "Yay, my sister is safe, must greet her"-fashion, it's a cautious, creepy slow step up the hill. And when she hears something she sits up in alert, fear even. The game quickly fades to black, we get the credits and I realise then that the main menu is the exact same place as the ending, except the ladder has been broken and there's a rotting corpse where the girl was.
    I think he killed her.
    Or they both died there due to the dangers of the forest but that's a bit more abstract, so I'm leaning towards the former.
    Eek.

Edit: I didn't really factor the odd smash through the glass end sequence into my hypothesis. I still think the climb up, her reaction and the menu are odd, but I guess they do make sense considering the dangers that the world has already shown it to have. I suppose it seems like a kind of hell/afterlife.

Advertisement