Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shankill to Rosslare - best route?

• 19-07-2010 4:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭

I'm training for a marathon MTB race in France in October so I'm planning to spend a bit of time on my road bike between now and then. Heading down to Rosslare for a long weekend with the family early next month and I thought I'd try and cycle down and back! What route would people suggest I take? From Gorey I would probably prefer to take the old N11 rather than go through Enniscorthy etc but what's the best route from Shankill (where I live) to Gorey? Bear in mind that I don't want to make the journey any more difficult than it will be already!
    Also what would people suggest I carry apart from a couple of tubes, pump, multi-tool and power-link?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭coastwatch

I think the coast road (or close to it) all the way would make for a great route. The only section that you'd need to do a bit of map reading looks like Arklow to Gorey, about 20km around back roads, so it might be worth using 25mm tyres in case the surface is a bit rough. Maybe somebody on here knows those roads and could advise?

I did a quick check on www.bikehike.co.uk and it's only 650m ascent from Arklow to Rosslare along the coast road, so thats pretty flat.

Back home the same way, unless you want a few hills, and then it might be Enniscorthy, Bunclody, Carnew, Tinahely, Aughrim, Rathdrum, Ashford Home.

All I would add to the equipment list is phone & money.

Advertisement