Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opticians in Waterford

• 19-07-2010 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi All

Could anyone recommend an opticians in Waterford for both contacts and glasses - have been going to specsavers and am just not happy with them!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Highly recommend Eyeworks (next door to Sumatra). Been getting my glasses from them for around 5 years now, not sure about contacts though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

guest1980 wrote: »
    Hi All

Could anyone recommend an opticians in Waterford for both contacts and glasses - have been going to specsavers and am just not happy with them!

Thanks

You shouldn't have gone there...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

EyeCatchers in Arundel Square - tis the brothers shop, but ill give him a plug I guess! :P

Most of my friends go in there, as do all my family. I'm pretty much blind so he gives me contacts and glasses. :)

Won't be disappointed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,687 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Specsavers junk mail is irritating, but we have been using them since they went into City Square. The one time I went elsewhere I ended up going back to them to get the specs re-made. Never had any problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

I dont need glasses (yet) but have to get my eyes tested every year due to diabetes and i can recommend Nolke Opticians on the dunmore road just up from the uluru pub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

I've brought my son to all 4 places mentioned over the years when he's had to get various glasses. He was already tested at the clinics and hospital so it was just handing in the perscription for the glasses.

I found all the places were fine though Specsavers were more interested in the hard sell and it was only by accident that I saw the free glasses after my son opened a drawer. He was entitled to free glasses or to a certain value and we top up if they were dearer, despite this they were trying to push the expensive frames and the pay more for a second pair deal.

Went to Nolke's after he opened as it was so convenient.

Advertisement