Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Broken Friendship

• 19-07-2010 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi everyone,

Not sure if this is the right place for this so moderator please feel free to move if necessary...

For years I had a friend who was friends with somebody that I was at odds with. The friends' loyalty always really lay with the other person and in a number of situations I got hurt.

I ended the friendship for that and a number of other reasons and tried to move on. It was fine for the past few years because we lived in different places and I didn't see the person but now I keep seeing them both everywhere really randomly and it's driving me crazy.

I see the looks that they exchange and I feel like they are just laughing at me.

I do miss our friendship and often think what it might be like if we were friends again but I know that the person will never really be loyal to me.

How can I move on from this? I'm studying for exams at the moment and I can't concentrate at all because all I can think about is this and it's just really upsetting me.

I really don't think that this person is wasting a second thought on me so I know I am wasting my time letting it invade my thoughts. I know that for my own good I have to just stop thinking about it but I just can't..... if anybody has any words of wisdom at all I would really appreciate it :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

moved from tLL :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭dammitjanet

Don't know if this will help but this is my expeerience

when i left school I'd three really close friends, they all went off to the same college but i went to art college (one of them once commented on would i not come with them and get a real degree:rolleyes:). Then I'd a huge fight with one of the girls and all of a sudden none of them would talk to me, i suddenly stopped being told about nights out and when i did meet up with them found myself the but of most jokes. So I said fluff them and went of by myself into the big bad world.

Best decision I ever made. I've a great boyfriend and fantastic friends now which I would never have met if I hadn't gotten out there myself. A year or two after we parted ways I found out that another fight happened with the girls and now none of them talk to each other! two of them got back in contact with me and now I see regularly again, the one who I originally had the fight with has been in contact with me a number of times, but although I won't hold a gruge against her (we were stupid kids) I won't trust her again.

If your friend is being a tosser then fluff her, you're better than her. Just get out there yourself, you will realise how much you don't need someone like that in your life soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 trinacheile

Thanks for the response DammitJanet, the thing is i'm just stuck in such a rut having seen her. I'm sitting waiting for an email or a text that's never going to come. I just want to stop thinking about it but I don't know how to move on....

It's been nearly three years since the friendship ended now... I kind of feel like the only way I will really be able to make a fresh start is by leaving the country but that won't be possible for at least a year.... so am I just stuck between a rock and a hard place until then.........??

Any suggestions would be brill....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Trier

Any suggestions would be brill....

Make new friends! ;)

Advertisement